maintaining black paint

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
im pretty close to positive i want to paint my car black when iget the money and all. im thinking a 1.5" cowl hood, saleen wing, and LX tails. then wheels later on when the 5 lug comes. whats differnet about maintaining a black car than a normal colored car? thanks.

normal colored

black is a normal color....

anyway, it shows dirt and scratched a lot easier than any other colors, that's why i opted to stay with red when i get my paint done.

saleen wing isn't for me on GT's though, unless it's a vert. i prefer the cobra spoiler much better

Black sucks. ANy little imperfection shows. Best way to protect is buff and wax. I get mine professionally detailed pretty often to keep it looking good.

Now my silver GT hides every little spec of dirt that i can go months without washing and it will still look clean

Coming from someone with two black cars, they can be a pain in the ass. They show swirl marks, water spots, dust, etc. However, with all of my complaining about it, when I repaint the 5.0, its going to be BLACK! When its clean and waxed regularly...... So, if you know for sure that you are going to keep it clean, go with the black. Other wise, stick to silver/gray or even red. My dads red jeep never looks nearly as dirty as it really is. Just my .02