Maintenance advice wanted for 2003 GT needing air filter, brakes, and spark

jetNKN

Sep 3, 2018
USA
So my brother just picked up this car that's been sitting for a while, and needs a lot of stuff replaced on it (does run, 4-speed auto).

Was wondering if I could get corral's opinions on what parts/brands to go with:

• Spark plugs
  • Coil packs
  • Plug wires
  • Air filter (not full-on intake)
  • Besides the J-mod, what to do for transmission maintenance at 120k miles? Flush or drain?
  • Brakes feel like crap, and they don't seem to be worn out yet. What pads to go wtih on a budget that help with confidence on stopping distance? What about rotors? Have heard that calipers/pins can stick, what's the solution for that? How about a brake fluid change?
  • Tires could be changed out. Has stock 17s, go with 245, 250, or 255? What about 40, 45, or 50?
  • Gas pedal mod is needed, it's pretty damn loose. Tried to go with the nylon spacer route but it's just way too much of a pain and I can't get leverage to properly tighten the o-rings without stuff falling out

Thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

Me,
Spark Plugs and coils I always use Motorcraft, cant remember if there are any plug wires on GT's
Air Filter I just a K&N and clean it on a schedule. I got mine cheap on sale for I think $26.
Brakes, Im not too picky about brands but I just get ceramics so they arent noisy. As for fluid changes, I never ran a car high enough on miles to worry about it.
Brakes feeling like crap? Are you comparing the feeling to newer cars? If so then that maybe more of a mental thing. My wifes car is newer than mine and her brakes are very touchy and doesnt take much pressure, whereas mine feel bad but thats only compared to hers. Now my Mach compared to my old GT feels much better. Just the type of brake system used I guess.
Does the car pull side to side when braking? If so that could be worn unevenly pads,stuck caliper,bad caliper and Im sure other things Im not thinking of.

I had 275's on the front of mine but changed them for stock size. Reason is without suspension upgrades the front tires as they wear will start a coning effect towards the outer tire treads, looks bad. But they also made the handling spongy feeling in the front and didnt seem to last as long either.
Currently Im running stock 245/40/17 NITTO's all around and tire life is but better and handling feels tighter but I also have stock suspension mostly, well only in the front. Rear has been redone with tubular control arms and all new performance bushings.

This summer Im probably going with staggered FR500 wheels and Nitto G2's. Just dont know the size combo I want to go with.