manual valve body install questions

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
I am installing a manual valve body in my car. The car came from the factory with a manual tranny.

I assume I will want to go back to my stock computer (for the manual tranny) , not a computer for an automatic car, right?

How do I "fool" the computer into thinking the clutch is in when the transmission is in Park or Neutral?

• Sponsors (?)

Confused?

Are you putting an Auto tranny with manual vlve body in a 5-speed car? I would think that the computer will be fine with the swap but your clutch safety switch will need to be bypassed and you would want to wire in the P/Neutral safety switch on the tranny to the ignition circuit in place of the clutch sswitch that was bypassed. At least that's what was involved with fox cars?

the car came stock with a manual.

it now has a 4R70W and a computer from an automatic (w4h0)

the guy who did the manual -> automatic conversion ****ed up the wiring and the tranny burned up. i have been unable to find a shop who can figure out the problem and fix it.

i have had the tranny rebuilt and am installing a manual valve body to circumvent the ****ed up wiring job. no, i don't want a baumannator. no more electronics.

please don't anyone try to talk me out of this route, i have been there and i don't want to open up that wound again. i have already ordered the valve body.

i assume i want to put the original (manual) computer back in, so i just need to know how to wire it up to fool the computer into thinking the clutch is in when the tranny is in park or neutral.