Map Lights won't turn off?

ichiro51

Aug 2, 2009
Sacramento
Just got back from a long road trip. Started this morning, noticed the map lights (right above the rear view mirror) were both on. But it was in the day, and it didn't bother me much.

Driving home at night, the lights would not shut off. Upon arriving home, the lights are still on, but my car is parked in the garage.

Obviously, I tried holding the switches down, pressing them, etc... nothing works, the map lights stay on.

I looked at the owner's manual, can't figure out which fuse it might be.

Any suggestions? Weird problem.

• Sponsors (?)

did you try the dial next the the headlight switch? If its turned all the way up the dome lights will stay on. Its the same switch that dims the gauges on the dash. Turn it down just a little till it clicks.

I did the same thing myself on a cross country trip on a Sunday afternoon. I panicked at first but finally figured it out.
Anyone accidentially hit the lights with their leg when getting in the car and turning them on?

I did the same thing myself on a cross country trip on a Sunday afternoon. I panicked at first but finally figured it out.

Yep, i've done this while cleaning my car...took me a minute to realize why my dome light wouldn't go out :rlaugh:

Anyone accidentially hit the lights with their leg when getting in the car and turning them on?

I do this pretty regularly....luckily these cars have that annoying sounder that tells you that your lights are on.

I'm only 5'6", and I hit my head on the A-Pillar almost every damn time I get in and out of the car.....I really don't see how a tall person can drive one of these.