March Bracket set up, IS IT POSSIBLE?

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
Hey Guys

I was wondering if any of you guys have march brackets on 94-95 cars, I know it will work but i am worried about the fan clearance...

Has anyone done this? I know brother's Performance did it and it looks bitchin' and clean. I think they also used the Fox set up.

How do you clear the fan? I know the Fox water pump is taller by an 1" or so...

Let me know and i will be the guinea pig, I am not a big fan of the huge 94-95 brackets, I am just gonna get it polished if the march ones don't work...But i want it to :shrug:

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Are you using Fox water pump or 94-95 short pump? I thought you are using Elec pump for your race car...?

I am wondering if i use the fox pump and timing cover, pulley it will hit the rad fan or have clearance issue...

Any thoughts?

I trimmed my stock fan and it fit, but I didn't like the look so I ordered the slim fans. I ran it with the stock fan for a few months.

I'll get the part # for you.

YAY!

So if you trim the stock fan it will work? That's great news. Do you have any pics of this? That would help me alot.

After the AJE K-member my engine moved forward like an inch too....So i don't know if that will a problem as well. I think i need 3" clearance at least if i want to run the Fox water pump and pulley

Any thoughts?

I also run an AJE k, I never did take any pics of the stock fan trimmed. It looked ugly imop and I didn't like everything being so close.
My elec water pump has a large motor on it, thats what caused the issue. If you still run a mechanical pump it may be shorter.

I think the fan off a 95' Taurus 3.8 is narrower. If so, that's the fan you want, it pulls air like a Tornado. They sell for about $80 on ebay.

Kurt

i have fox stuff and march brackets. i love the march brackets too.

longblock-001.jpg

my only complaint is that since there is no tensioner, it was kind of a pain getting the belt tension right. it still squeals a for a second when i start it, but i am afraid to tighten it too much because i have ruined 2 alternators already, probably because i had the belt too tight trying to keep it from squealing.

i also have a 410, a stock replacement fan from the dealership (via the fan recall), and an aje k-member which drops the motor 1/2-3/4". it fits on mine, so i bet it would fit on yours too, but no promises. here is a pic of my water pump clearance ... i have driven it now off and on for a couple years, probably at least 5000 miles, and no problems.

pullley_clearance.jpg

i have fox stuff and march brackets. i love the march brackets too.

longblock-001.jpg

my only complaint is that since there is no tensioner, it was kind of a pain getting the belt tension right. it still squeals a for a second when i start it, but i am afraid to tighten it too much because i have ruined 2 alternators already, probably because i had the belt too tight trying to keep it from squealing.

i also have a 410, a stock replacement fan from the dealership (via the fan recall), and an aje k-member which drops the motor 1/2-3/4". it fits on mine, so i bet it would fit on yours too, but no promises. here is a pic of my water pump clearance ... i have driven it now off and on for a couple years, probably at least 5000 miles, and no problems.

pullley_clearance.jpg

This is almost how much space i have currently with 94 95 pump, But if your worked, I might just give it a try. (Thanks 4Jenna)

I almost gave up but you guys gave me hope. if all else fails i will just keep the march set up and get a new fan or fans.(Thanks Chris for the pictures)

I will also go see the Taurus fan and measure it, if it's more then an inch narrower i will just pick up and try to make it work. (Thanks Kurt as always :) )

Thanks guys