Mark Vii Blower Build

Rapalyea

Jan 22, 2016
My 1988 Lincoln Mark VII build is now complete.

1) Suspension:
Thunderbird front stabilizer bar (1 1/8 in)
ADDCO rear stabilizer bar (7/8 in)

2) Brakes
Cryo dipped drilled and slotted
Custom pads with higher coefficient rear bias

3) Two Inch exhaust cat back

4) Engine
5.0 trick flow heads hi compression
Kenne Bell TS-1000 [obsolete] 6 psi positive displacement supercharger on top
of Speed Density fuel injection.

Summary: Runs like a scalded dog!

This is the third KB TS-1000 installation I have done. The first was 7 psi on top of dead stock speed density 1991 LSC for 190,000 miles. The second was the same car same TS-1000 at 6 psi on top of a 347 stroker with 21 lb injectors but stock heads. The last installation was an entirely new TS-1000 on top of a speed density 1988 LSC with 21 lb injectors.

This is a beast! It is noticeably faster then the 347 stroker with stock heads. The car never runs out of breath and pulls right up to 5,000 rpm hard shift and I worry the tranny will get over worked - it is dead stock but the trans cable is set for hardest shift available.

The most noticeable behavior is the heads. This car has stock cam but it sure does not feel like a stock cam. For instance, we installed the Trick Flow heads on the stock block and it ran perfectly but was hardly inspiring. It just ran very nice.

However, when we added the KB TS 1000 it was 'Kattie! Bar the door". And I know why. Years ago I put a boost gauge on my original dead stock installation and the positive displacement supercharger, that was using a 6 psi wheel, was peaking at 9 psi in the upper midrange. The stock heads were restricting the flow!

I have no numbers because I no longer live near a drag strip. However, I know some stuff. For instance I DID run my 1986 Ferrari Mondial at the Clayton 1/2 mile drag a couple of weeks ago and posted the slowest time of the day: 115 mph. The winning Lambo did 220 mph.

• Sponsors (?)