Mark Viii Swap Help!

Angel Garcia

Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys doing a swap on my 2000 mustang gt. Swapping a 1998 mark viii into with c heads. Was wondering which transmission bolts up to it. I know I need the 6 bolt flywheel but do I need the t-45 or the tremac 3650 ? Thank you for any responses.

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you! also by any chance do you know if I can buy a cobra harness and just plug and play ? instead of modifying my 2v one ?
You didn't say which model year wiring harness looking to install. But in all likely hood Installing a Cobra wiring harness on your GT will not be "plug and play". The PCM and wiring harness work together as a team. Swapping in a different model year wiring harness is going to require a review of the differences. This means comparing the wiring diagrams noting the differences. A full set of Ford wiring diagrams would be necessary.

If interested in getting a full set of Ford wiring diagrams and service manual for yourself I may be able to help. PM if interested.

It would be nice to other readings the forums if you updated the other threads with what you have learned and why.