maybe I'm not used to it

east_sidaz40

May 14, 2005
IMO , the tri ax kinda sucks. I dont know i installed it 3 days ago, maybe I'm just NOT used to 2-3 shifts, but they do seem kinda hard. It was much easier for me to shift 2-3 on the stock shifter. I Never missed that 2-3 shift on the stock shifter :bang: . so I dont know could it be that I'm still not used to it :shrug: all the other shifts are fine , only the 2-3 shift seems kinda hard on the tri ax to me

• Sponsors (?)

east_sidaz40 said:
IMO , the tri ax kinda sucks. I dont know i installed it 3 days ago, maybe I'm just NOT used to 2-3 shifts, but they do seem kinda hard. It was much easier for me to shift 2-3 on the stock shifter. I Never missed that 2-3 shift on the stock shifter :bang: . so I dont know could it be that I'm still not used to it :shrug: all the other shifts are fine , only the 2-3 shift seems kinda hard on the tri ax to me

Spring loaded shifters tend to take a few days to loosen up..

I think that kind of complaint is mainly why MGW owners are so happy. It's supposedly a better shift with less harshness than the Tri-Ax, and doesn't have the "break-in period" Tri-Ax's are so famous for.

east_sidaz40 said:

Mine was pretty hard at first, now its all good, just wait for it, its been around a week now and I think its the way it should be right now.

it is springloaded and self centering. to get used to how it works try shifting by pushing foward with the palm of your hand. the springs will line it up for you.

sgarlic said:
I think that kind of complaint is mainly why MGW owners are so happy. It's supposedly a better shift with less harshness than the Tri-Ax, and doesn't have the "break-in period" Tri-Ax's are so famous for.

The MGW is nice. I like mine a lot. I think they make great products. :nice:

east_sidaz40 said:

I thought the same thing when I put mine in -- I thought I had wasted $200! But now I'm used to it. I'm not sure if it breaks in as much as you just get used to the way you have to shift now. Give it a week or two and I think you will like it better.