Im having issues trying to get my car to start and idle so I can begin to tune. The car will start but dies after a short while.Here is what I have tried so far
1. All my sensors have been recalibrated.
2. I locked timing and confirmed I was at 20 degrees before TDC.
3. I have messed with the settings in the startup and idle section but no luck.
4. I have calibrated the WB but i can't get any readings out of it. Removed jumper 6 and tried it in place as default. no diffrence.
The engine is a stock 302 with 19lbs injectors and a xe266hr compcam.The WB is a aem 30-0310 Still new to the tuning stuff so all help will be appreciated.
Having issues getting any reading off of my aem 30-031. Have connected white wire to pin 21 & brown wire to pin 22. Messed around with J6 to no awail. Anyone got any clue to what else might be the issue? Or are these aem WB just tricky/picky to connect.
Part number link: https://www.aemelectronics.com/prod.../x-series-inline-wideband-uego-afr-controller
As for the installation part: the white is connected to pin 21 on options port, and the brown is connected to port 22. Rest of connections is standard, red to switched positive and black to ground shared with computer. The green light on controller box is green and everything should be a okay. The main harness is a painless 60510.
Hi, doublechecked J6 today and it was removed.
But i found the culprit of the problem. When connecting pin 21 & 22 they probably came loose from me thugging and pulling on them.
Adding photos of connector and how they were seated before and after for others to reference to not make same mistake as me
So finally made the car run for a bit and made a data log. Didnt have the time to get it all warmed up today, but hopefuly enogh data for someone to give me some pointers on what to correct.
1. get the car up to temperature.
2. tune the main VE table for idle and around idle set it all to the same value to achieve a uniform PW and an AFR of 14.3
3. lock the timing and the idle valve using testmodes. figure out the values that the idle valve functions between use this to help setup the closed loop idle.
4. watch my videos
5. watch them again.
This is what i have found so far, any thoughts?
Injector Flow CC/min Flow LB/Hr Ohm 10v 11v 12v 13v 14v 15v
Ford mustang (84-95) 200 19 15 0.86 0.67 0.56 0.43 0.34 0.2
Ford Mustang Cobra� 252 24 15 0.91 0.73 0.59 0.46 0.36 0.25