Megasquirt pnp idle issues

showtime603

Dec 22, 2019
mississippi
Hello guys, I have been following post here a while but this is my first one. I am having some issues getting my tune finished out so to speak. At the moment it cranks and does idle(even though this is where my biggest challenges are coming from) driving down the road it cruises smooth(not saying it couldn't be better) and does pretty good under WOT as well. The car is an 85 gt with a 302, tw170 heads, trickflow intake, fcam, and an on3 turbo kit. I am currently running in open loop. I cant seem to get the car to idle below 950-1100 while in park. I also have an issue when the fan is on full speed I get an idle surge if the car Is in park. If it is in gear, it seems to be ok, maybe a very small surge but not bad. It also takes a little time settling down if I go from drive to neutral, it wants to hunt for idle but will usually settle down a bit but takes prob 10 plus seconds. It also will do this at times when going from park to reverse. I have tried using closed loop but the issues seem to be amplified when I do so. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am certain there are things here I do not have correct, since this is my first attempt at tuning my own efi car.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    120.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Sponsors (?)

im sorry I thought both attached earlier.. lets try this again. I did this one a few minutes ago... a little long since its a warm up.. but you can def see the idle being a little funky.

Attachments

• idle.msl
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
I will be very honest, the tune file is very rough.... I see alot of rookie mistakes usually done when given bad advice. some of these things need to be reset to factory

You are probably exactly right! I seem to get a lot of conflicting info or just very cryptic info.. I would be more than happy to listen to what you may suggest.. I’m just tired of trying to struggle through it and not really make a difference.

in the datalog you can see the car is very lean on startup the engine wont like this at all. Your #1 issue right now is the MAT air Density table is so skewed out from the original I am going to give you a tune to try for me, after tomorrow afternoon i wont be able to look at files or datalogs again until after the 3rd so hopefully it will work well for you. Give me 10 mins

in the datalog you can see the car is very lean on startup the engine wont like this at all. Your #1 issue right now is the MAT air Density table is so skewed out from the original I am going to give you a tune to try for me, after tomorrow afternoon i wont be able to look at files or datalogs again until after the 3rd so hopefully it will work well for you. Give me 10 mins

Man I would greatly appreciate that! And enjoy your holidays! I’ll let you know how it does.

Ok so give this a try when you can and report back. The settings can take a try or two to get right with this many alterations. Get her running and then do some fuel trim. If you can by noonish tomorrow i can help before I shutdown

Well about to do movie night, I will look at it before I head on to bed. Now does this have you doing fuel trim in the background? If I am doing any fuel trim please ensure you are not running autotune during the log file. If you can a few throttle blips and a rev hold release if you cant take it up the street and back.

no I haven't done any fuel trims at all. Iiterally just hit the key and let it do its thing. Ill do a second log and blip the throttle some. Its pouring rain here so it may be in the morning before I can get a street pull. Enjoy your movie night.