Merkur Xr4 With Carburetor To Efi Conversion

MaaTrrIxx

Mar 18, 2015
Hi, I want to know, what should I placed in a merkur xr4 2.3 with Carburetor to make an EFI (if it possible to a secuential injection) and turbo with intercooler.

-PiMP 2.3 MicroSquirt
-PiMP 2.3 Wiring Harness
-Injectors
-Fuel pump
-Manifold intake and exhaust
-Turbo kit (intercooler, Relief valve.... and all kit).

and what else?

Thanks
PD: sorry for my english.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

I would absolutely suggest you get on the PiMP tuning forum. WesK and the other guy are very active on there and could get you started. Nobody here is very familiar with that setup, I only have a very, very basic understanding of how it works. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
thanks to replay, and to make a EFI conversion if I buy used parts from ebay, for example, which parts would I have to buy?
-ECU
-Wiring Harness
-Injectors
-Fuel pump
and what else?

I am going to thread jack a bit since it is closely related. Hot Rod just trouble shot a Big Stuff 3 system, and I was thinking "I could do this (with my other Classic)!". But then I saw the prices. Has anyone gone this route, or is it real overkill for an Edelbrock Performer RPM type of motor?

Used sensors and wiring are just asking for troubles to shoot even in a stock application in my experience. How about seeing if one of the universal, self tuning systems will work with 4 cyl motors?

thanks to replay, and to make a EFI conversion if I buy used parts from ebay, for example, which parts would I have to buy?
-ECU
-Wiring Harness
-Injectors
-Fuel pump
and what else?
The PiMP is a standalone system which means it is a ECU. I second Hoopty advice and recommend going over to the PiMP website. They will have a better idea of what all you will need.