Megasquirt questions

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what come back! :hail:

So I am aggressively trying to move my Holley HP. When I get that sold, I want to get a MS3. I can solder so that doesn't bother me much. I am wondering what I need to get from DIYAutotune. It's for a 2.3 turbo. So, I am looking for boost control, maybe meth control, flex fuel so I can switch to E85. Then a lot of inputs to log, like air temp before and after the intercooler, back pressure before the turbo, boost pressure, maybe driveshaft and wheel speed.
I'm looking at eventually pushing 30-35 psi thru this tiny thing. So what MS3 kit should I start with? I'm looking thru their site trying to figure this out, but figured an expert could point me in the correct direction.

Depends on the budget, you could do an ms3pro ultimate and be done... or build an MS3x if you do run out of i/o there are lots of options out there for expansion that are cheap.
some tricks as well like running a single spartan3 that will connect over canbus instead of using a sensor input

Well, looking at DIY site, the PRO is out of my range for now. I am thinking the MS3X kit would be good. I've been looking thru the docs trying to figure out if there are enough input output as is or if I need some kind of add on.

Here's my thought on my needs:

Input (I am ASSuming it will handle standard input- water temp, mat, map, tps, tach)
Then whether it's built in or a custom input:
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure (maybe)
Speed (maybe)
Boost
Pre turbo back pressure (maybe)
Pre intercooler air temp (maybe)
clutch pedal 2 step activation (think trans-brake 2 step activation)
Switch at the top of the clutch pedal for flat shift,
Boost controller inputs (dome pressure)
turn on logging switch
Flex fuel sensor

Outputs:
2 cooling fans (could combine both relays to one output if needed)
Boost controller (2 - 1 fill, 1 vent)
Shift light (homemade LED activation)
Water/meth injection

I'll probably just use the TFI distributor to start. Does MS need a CDI box (MSD) or can it fire the TFI. I did snag a cam sensor out of a later model ranger and would need to find a crank pulley with the reluctor wheel to keep my current thought of accessory drive, but I know I could go distributor less. Just trying to figure out the easy and less expensive way to get it running.

Probably more I haven't thought of yet.

Hey Steve @a91what Got my GoldBox! Thanks for the headsup...got it on sale. Was going to start messing with it. Figure I need to get a licensed copy of TS. Is the ULTIMATE worth the difference in price?

Next thing, is there an easy way to work on it offline? The free version of TS gave me some warnings and stuff when I opened it up because I have no ECU connected.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, the ultimate version of tunerstudio is definitely worth the extra couple bucks. Most of us work offline to make all the changes including Steve so it doesn't have to be connected to your ECU all the time.

to review the data logs as you go through the tuning process I highly recommend getting mega log viewer as well

Sweet. My old job was writing off a Lenovo laptop because it was Windoze 8. I forget what it's called but its a touch screen that the screen flips around and folds to become a tablet. I 'wrote it off to my truck'. I need to get it out and see about loading Windows10 on it. I'll order a SSD for it as well.