Met the girl of my dreams today

• Sponsors (?)

HEY!

its been a while since I've touched this thread! lol...

first of all...

no...unfortunately...didn't work out...She was a little too shy for my likes...made it hard to even get to know her better!...so i said...forget you... lol

but I'm working on this girl that I've know for a good while, we were on/off this summer..and I think it might work out.. :nice:

i know...

:worthlesb

so:

http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v285/45/110/1500120064/n1500120064_60220_9237.jpg
FYI...#21..

IMHO :jaw:

anyway.....

Stdr...since WHEN do you fly rc's??!?! i got into them b4 i started going for my PPL. I got this Alpha-60 and flew it for a while...crashed it...rebuilt it....turned it into a taidragger, put a 14-6 APC prop on it...and oooooo man...that flew like a raped ape! had some serious power too! but then...oops...came into land and like you....a wind gust came along...only mine got its wing pushed down and it pankaked into the ground...i've got pics on my phone..I'll get those here lata..

but now its sitting in the shop...I've not had enough time to work on that, but andy, i hear ya on the YAK...those thigns are gorgeous! and to pile one of those in...... ewww...kostes has a giant scale one...carbon-fiber prop..103" wing....love that plane...

one of those foamies is kinda looking good to me right now, like you said....cheap and if you crash it...no biggie.

How come they all look young enough to be my daughter....???:cry:
Because of the same reason that they're younger than either one of my daughters........

And the same reason we've been dubbed Grizzled Board Elders.......

It just because we're.......

We're.............

It's really hard to say it......

We're............

Awwww, Jeeze, I gotta spit it out..........

We're OLD!!!

There, I said it...... but I still don't feel any better :nonono:
Even if it's still early afternoon on my side of the country, I'm gonna go have a beer now.

In fact, we're so old.......

Responding to Jon's question in that post that made Fritz and I feel like we're ready for the "Senior Care Facility".....

HEY!Stdr...since WHEN do you fly rc's??!?!
Sad to say, since before you were born.
In fact, I got out of it (the first time) before you were born! I know this because I got out of it before my second daughter was born; and her last HS prom was almost two years ago!

I got out of it because I dumped my Pilot "ACE .20" just doing a stupid run-up and taxi down the street we lived on at the time. I let the left stick drift up just a little too much and she started to rotate! Wasn't thinking, didn't chop the throttle; instead I jammed the right stick DOWN (and slightly right)! Right wingtip drags in the pavement, left wing picks up enough to raise the right gear off the ground. The order in which the plane hit the pavement was "Right tip, prop, left tip, tailfeathers, right tip, prop hub (the rest had already broken off), left tip, top of fuse..... and it ended with the spinning prop hub slamming into the left rear wheel, (not the tire, the steel rim) of my F100.
(EDIT:Toal elapsed time? Seemed like forever, but probably about 3 seconds, MAX!) :bang:

Total damages:
Both tips; easy fix with some scrap balsa.
Rudder and elevator; ditto plus some MonoKote.
Wings; just Monokote.
Prop: They weren't as cheap back then as they are now, but not too bad.
Engine crank and bearing: It was an el cheapo "Thunder Tiger" .25. Never could find replacement parts - not like O.S. parts, "ya just call Tower Hobbies".
So, new engine time!

Oh, yeah, my 72MHz AM transmitter/receiver were about to be "de-Type Accepted" for aircraft use; so I was also staring down the barrel of a new Futaba or Airtronics. Mine was one of the very first JR's - they were the "el-cheapo junk" radios back then. Futaba and Airtronics were super-expensive (comparatively); but they at least could be bought in FM.

Baby was coming (the one who turns 19 in 4 weeks); so I just put it on the shelf and forgot about it. That baby got into R/C as part of her Jr High Physical Science class; she rebuilt the old ACE (with help from her teacher); one of the local RC Club "old guys" maidened it after the rebuild and he and she flew it a few times before she hit high school and lost interest. Bug bit me again, and I started dinkin' around with Slow-Sticks; using her HiTec Laser 6 TX and a Castle 4CH RX.

The "camera plane" will get a 6Ch RX... gonna use the "Flaps" knob to rotate the camera mount (180 degrees), and the "Gear" switch to trigger the servo that trips the shutter button. Also, finally going LiPo's and a brushless- upgrade the gearbox to an aluminum one from (I guess) Himaxx.

Because of the same reason that they're younger than either one of my daughters........

And the same reason we've been dubbed Grizzled Board Elders.......

It just because we're.......

We're.............

It's really hard to say it......

We're............

Awwww, Jeeze, I gotta spit it out..........

We're OLD!!!

There, I said it...... but I still don't feel any better :nonono:
Even if it's still early afternoon on my side of the country, I'm gonna go have a beer now.

well for crying out loud!!! you aren't THAT effin old! ..just...a little seasoned....adds charecter! lol :D

plus...I'm just that young...I'm only 18 ya know! and i think that shot of erika was taken last spring?....

Responding to Jon's question in that post that made Fritz and I feel like we're ready for the "Senior Care Facility".....

Sad to say, since before you were born.
In fact, I got out of it (the first time) before you were born! I know this because I got out of it before my second daughter was born; and her last HS prom was almost two years ago!

I got out of it because I dumped my Pilot "ACE .20" just doing a stupid run-up and taxi down the street we lived on at the time. I let the left stick drift up just a little too much and she started to rotate! Wasn't thinking, didn't chop the throttle; instead I jammed the right stick DOWN (and slightly right)! Right wingtip drags in the pavement, left wing picks up enough to raise the right gear off the ground. The order in which the plane hit the pavement was "Right tip, prop, left tip, tailfeathers, right tip, prop hub (the rest had already broken off), left tip, top of fuse..... and it ended with the spinning prop hub slamming into the left rear wheel, (not the tire, the steel rim) of my F100.
(EDIT:Toal elapsed time? Seemed like forever, but probably about 3 seconds, MAX!) :bang:

Total damages:
Both tips; easy fix with some scrap balsa.
Rudder and elevator; ditto plus some MonoKote.
Wings; just Monokote.
Prop: They weren't as cheap back then as they are now, but not too bad.
Engine crank and bearing: It was an el cheapo "Thunder Tiger" .25. Never could find replacement parts - not like O.S. parts, "ya just call Tower Hobbies".
So, new engine time!

Oh, yeah, my 72MHz AM transmitter/receiver were about to be "de-Type Accepted" for aircraft use; so I was also staring down the barrel of a new Futaba or Airtronics. Mine was one of the very first JR's - they were the "el-cheapo junk" radios back then. Futaba and Airtronics were super-expensive (comparatively); but they at least could be bought in FM.

Baby was coming (the one who turns 19 in 4 weeks); so I just put it on the shelf and forgot about it. That baby got into R/C as part of her Jr High Physical Science class; she rebuilt the old ACE (with help from her teacher); one of the local RC Club "old guys" maidened it after the rebuild and he and she flew it a few times before she hit high school and lost interest. Bug bit me again, and I started dinkin' around with Slow-Sticks; using her HiTec Laser 6 TX and a Castle 4CH RX.

The "camera plane" will get a 6Ch RX... gonna use the "Flaps" knob to rotate the camera mount (180 degrees), and the "Gear" switch to trigger the servo that trips the shutter button. Also, finally going LiPo's and a brushless- upgrade the gearbox to an aluminum one from (I guess) Himaxx.

sounds like a bangin set up! i've always wanted to do a set up for a bomb drop by using the gear/flap servos....you DEFINATELY need to post pics of that once you get it working.

download

sorry for the quality....but starting form the upper left...

strut & gear....firewall with engine still attached....gas tank....wats left of the fuse..

Jon, pic was a no-show??? I can guess from your description what the carnage looks like - I saw quite a few pics like it when I was more "regular" over on RCGroups. Biggest, most spectacular wrecks seem to involve slimers. The spark-engine guys are usually experienced and very careful. Electric guys are usually either going too slow or their planes are so lightweight that there just isn't much to see. Although I've seen vid of a guy pulling out of a loop waaaaayy too hot with a Formosa (I think.... it was an all-foam plane, looked like a Formosa). Wing started to tear, it looked like a bird flapping like crazy; until it met the ground in an explosion of packing material.

Also saw a mid-air with two SS's; taken from another SS with a little vid cam. It looked pretty "interesting" until a tiny chunk of meat-tray foam lodged itself against the cam's lens. Didn't see anything but RED until the foam fell off the camera on landing. Apparently, both planes flew again; one guy bought a new prop (was a 400 DD) and the other guy got away with a new "factory" wing and some home-made (out of a coroplast "Clinton '96" campaign sign) tailfeathers. Didn't even bend his aluminum tube fuse! Before "plane #2" broke its prop; it sliced up all the foam out back (of plane #1) and took some pretty hefty chunks out of the wing. Apparently, the prop finally lost to #1's battery pack; but it cut the rubberbands, so the battery fell out, the JST connectors let go, and the rest of the plane kinda "tumble-fluttered" down.

But, after that Amsterdam trip; was he getting high on the plane?????

And Jon; the pic is indeed working now. Looks like a classic 3-point landing - wherein the three points were the two main wheels and the prop hub! :rlaugh:
Not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you! And ya gotta laugh after a crash like that; the alternative makes your cheeks wet and stuffs up your sinuses - not really worth it over a 1/4-pound of balsa. Keep your sense of humor; there's a sporadic poster/lurker over on RC Groups (usually in the Electric Flight and A/P Forums) known as DesertDawg..... his tagline reads "2-1/2 Cartwheel Landings". Goofy dude, indeed. :p

The US Air Force's definition of crash is.....:
"A landing in which the vertical velocity is so great, and the time reducing it to zero so short, that structural failure occurs!"

They're also fond of saying.....:
"Any landing in which you can walk away is a good landing, a landing after which you can re-use the aircraft is better!"

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh:

But, after that Amsterdam trip; was he getting high on the plane?????

And Jon; the pic is indeed working now. Looks like a classic 3-point landing - wherein the three points were the two main wheels and the prop hub! :rlaugh:
Not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you! And ya gotta laugh after a crash like that; the alternative makes your cheeks wet and stuffs up your sinuses - not really worth it over a 1/4-pound of balsa. Keep your sense of humor; there's a sporadic poster/lurker over on RC Groups (usually in the Electric Flight and A/P Forums) known as DesertDawg..... his tagline reads "2-1/2 Cartwheel Landings". Goofy dude, indeed. :p

oh yes, I've had a few good laughs over that one....the first time (yes the FIRST time i did it ..lol..as in this it the 2nd) i piled it into a tree like 5 mins after getting it up for the first time...that was not fun...but....now i laugh :D

well...I might as well update you fellas....

the date went phenomenal...

If you've heard of Falls Park in Sioux Falls SD, you know that they deck it out with lights for x-mas. I spent a large ammount of time putting this one together and it seemed to have an awesome effect on her. we stayed up until 2 am just talking.

BUT....

evidently although we connect at a pretty deep level...the "face to face chem wasn't there" (on her side) :bs: even after everything that was said.....

so...we've resulted to being "just friends" which kinda sucks but....nothin I can do about it..

the first thing I do after i die is ask St. Pete why girls are so damn complicated...

guy-don't like her, not gonna date her..
girl- just wanna be friends, but I'll date him and then have to let him down AFTER i get his hopes up..

some of you guys may be old, but that means alot more to me than being young..

well...I might as well update you fellas....

the date went phenomenal...

If you've heard of Falls Park in Sioux Falls SD, you know that they deck it out with lights for x-mas. I spent a large ammount of time putting this one together and it seemed to have an awesome effect on her. we stayed up until 2 am just talking.

BUT....

evidently although we connect at a pretty deep level...the "face to face chem wasn't there" (on her side) :bs: even after everything that was said.....

so...we've resulted to being "just friends" which kinda sucks but....nothin I can do about it..

the first thing I do after i die is ask St. Pete why girls are so damn complicated...

guy-don't like her, not gonna date her..
girl- just wanna be friends, but I'll date him and then have to let him down AFTER i get his hopes up..

some of you guys may be old, but that means alot more to me than being young..

So sorry dude....but they do THAT to us geezers too.....:nonono:

Hey, is wracking up an RC plane as much fun as setting the neighbor's deck on fire with a homemade rocket???:scratch::eek: