• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Engine Metal Bar Back of Lower Intake?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Imatk
  • Start date Start date Oct 17, 2018
I

Imatk

Active Member
Apr 17, 2005
101
10
29
Oct 17, 2018
#1
  • Oct 17, 2018
  • #1
So I'm putting things back together after replacing my lower intake gaskets.

I put the fuel rail on last night and in my bag of parts there's a metal bar.

I remember it being on the back of the intake... somewhere... but now I can't remember or see where it's supposed to go.

I'm thinking it MIGHT have to go under the rear lower intake bolt but I'm not sure.

Anyone know where this goes... also I'd be interested to know what it's for... a stress bar for the intake?

I also have two bolts on either side of the lower that are different than the other bolts. One has a stud that comes out of the top of the bolt, and the other has the same stud, but I have a nut on there... I'm thinking they might be in the wrong holes/spots but I don't know.

If it does have to go under that rear bolt, do I need to re-torque all the bolts in sequence again? And does anyone know what those two bolts are for and where they should be positioned... and if they're in the wrong spot do I need to re-do the torque sequence?

Thanks for any help.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,324
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Oct 17, 2018
#2
  • Oct 17, 2018
  • #2
Not needed. Haven't seen one installed on a 5.0 in years.

Bolts under one of the upper to lower bolts and then to a lower intake to block bolt. I'd just leave it off.
 
I

Imatk

Active Member
Apr 17, 2005
101
10
29
Oct 17, 2018
#3
  • Oct 17, 2018
  • #3
Ok cool, would you know what the two odd bolts with the studs are for? One with a nut over the stud? I'm thinking that nut is for the coolant tube, but not positive.

Don't know what the driver's side would go to
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,324
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Oct 17, 2018
#4
  • Oct 17, 2018
  • #4
One is coolant tube as you say. I beleive driver's side is at the rear to hold the bar we were talking about
 
I

Imatk

Active Member
Apr 17, 2005
101
10
29
Oct 17, 2018
#5
  • Oct 17, 2018
  • #5
Ok cool thanks!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
103
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
X
Engine Brackets for Gt40 heads with ac and ps?
  • Xavierg208
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
447
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 16, 2025
limp
Distributor installed wrong
  • djj62478
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
268
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
318
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
149
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?