mgw blue?

Black Stang 97

the guy on top of me is funny
Nov 11, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
well i want to pick up a mgw blue handle for my mgw shifter....the orange i have now is a lil big for my taste....i dont think mgw makes the blue ones either.....does anyone know where i can get it or if anyone has it for sale? thankz

• Sponsors (?)

The Orange handle is the new design, its the red and blue handles combined into one. So it should be the same height as the blue handle would be. Plus you cannot swap handles between the Orange and the Red/Blue as the mount is different.

You can't put an red or blue handle on an orange base.

You are stuck with orange unless they come out with a few different handles.

I'm trying to find a blue handle myself as i have a red handle

Black Stang 97 said:
they do have the blue handle for my base...ive seen it....i actually bidded on one of those on ebay but didnt win it......

They do not exist. Whoever was selling it posted the wrong info, or spray painted an orange handle blue. They have one handle for that base, as I said before, and it is the same as the blue/red handle combined. I had emailed MGW before about the handles a bit back and they told me just as I have told you. There would be no reason for you to get the blue handle if your gold handle is already the same size, thats the reason they made it so you wouldnt have to choose between red and blue, this one combines the functionality of both.

Heres a pic of how high my shift ball is with the blue handle, see if it compares to how high your gold handle is:

mgwbluehandle030small4zw.jpg

Well, when I ordered my MGW from stangmods.com, I was given the choice of handles (red, blue, or orange). I just went with orange because I knew it was somewhere in the middle of the two, and I didn't want it to be too low. I'm not sure if I would've gotten a whole different shifter/shifter base if I would've chosen the red/blue handles instead, or maybe there is some sort of adapter to use the red/blue handles...:shrug: Maybe you could contact them, and find out what they were talking about. Also, correct me if I am wrong, isn't the red the shortest of the three??

The Blue handle is the shortest of the three. When you ordered it and they had three to choose from, they may have still had some red and blue shifters still left over maybe, and they got the new orange ones in. The MGW website does'nt offer the other two handles anymore.

Thats the handle I have, while it probably bolts on in the same manner the gold handle does, I am sure the post that you attach it to is a different size (probably fatter), thus you wouldnt be able to fit this handle over the post and be stuck with a blue piece of metal.

If you still think it will work, email the guys over at MGW and they will let you know for sure seeing as they designed it. I emailed them before and got a quick response.