MGW FTW!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno, the MGW is TOO smooth for my taste, I liked the notchiness of my UPR better for the strip. Also, the MGW is noticably louder than the UPR was.

Overall I think its a better shifter, but I miss my notchiness some times I'm not quite sure I got it in gear. Also 5th is a bigger chore than the UPR was. HOWEVER, I can fly through 1-4 with the MGW.

If the UPR was a B- the MGW is an A

to be fair 5th was a chore with the UPR as well, but it just feels like I have to put more effort to get into 5th with the MGW. Still love it though.

menasci said:
Is someone in here actually comparing the MGW to the UPR??? :rlaugh:

The only thing that compares is the Pro50, and the MGW is still much better.
and the shifters you have had in the same car are?

Yes I'm comparing 2 different shifters, I've had 3 on the SAME car... why would it not be helpful for some one with the experiance of such to disclose any info?

I would hope that some one who has had different gear sets in the same car, different exhaust components on the same car, whatever... to share the info and their thoughts.

myponyrocks said:
and the shifters you have had in the same car are?

Yes I'm comparing 2 different shifters you retard, I've had 3 on the SAME car... why would it not be helpful for some one with the experiance of such to disclose any info?

I would hope that some one who has had different gear sets in the same car, different exhaust components on the same car, whatever... to share the info and their thoughts.

Oh wait maybe you're from a MGW forum thats moderated like the SVT forums, and since I like the MGW but have small issues with it you would like me banned? :shrug:

Try not to reply to posts by calling people "retard".
If you're capable, try finding a better way to express your opinions.
No, I am not from a MGW forum.
I have had Triax, Pro50, and now MGW; as posted in my first post. Try reading the entire thread before posting.
I compared the three and have come to the conclusion that the MGW is the best. The Pro50 was very good as well, but fell second to MGW. The Triax is OK, but not great. Lastly, UPR looks like a Triax rip-off and UPR products pretty much suck anyway.

menasci said:
Try not to reply to posts by calling people "retard".
If you're capable, try finding a better way to express your opinions.
No, I am not from a MGW forum.
I have had Triax, Pro50, and now MGW; as posted in my first post. Try reading the entire thread before posting.
I compared the three and have come to the conclusion that the MGW is the best. The Pro50 was very good as well, but fell second to MGW. The Triax is OK, but not great. Lastly, UPR looks like a Triax rip-off and UPR products pretty much suck anyway.

Yes the UPR is exactly the same as the tri-ax (comparing from driving 2 different cars). Yeah maybe its a rip off, but whats the difference between me comparing the UPR and MGW and you comparing the pro50 to the MGW? Both are helpful for people who read the thread.

menasci said:
why did this get moved to "Talk"?

Since when is a review of a shifter not Tech? whatever.
Because unrelated content overshadows any tech the thread could hope for. A shifter review is great tech.
If people start talking about unrelated subjects in your thread, report the bad posts and request a moderator remove them. THEN, your thread will stay put.

Examples of what spurred the move (and this is not to single anyone out):
Please enlighten us with what you have oh wise one? Oh excuse me, I can see why you hate MGW, you own a stock shifting Tri-Ax.
Pennywise, you dont know what you're talkin about
I was just pushing your
bottons though.People dislike me on this forum because I drive a
Subaru as my DD but,I could honestly careless I own a mustang too.
postwhore! :D

MGW <3
Yes I'm comparing 2 different shifters you retard, I've had 3 on the SAME car... why would it not be helpful for some one with the experiance of such to disclose any info?

Oh wait maybe you're from a MGW forum thats moderated like the SVT forums, and since I like the MGW but have small issues with it you would like me banned? :shrug:
retard....

I did read the whole thing, I'm just being a prick because you were an asshat.
And people wonder why post count was turned off...

I was just trying to give my review of the MGW. But, people love to chime in and post how great their UPR, Triax, etc are.
Well, I'm happy for them, and they are good shifters. But, I was reviewing the MGW. If you want to tell everyone how good your UPR shifter is then start a new thread. I didn't knock any shifter out there, in fact, I stated that the Pro50 is very close. However, the UPR and Triax are inferior in my opinion. I have tried them all, therefore I believe my opinion to be a fair one.

As far as UPR is concerned, I'm sure many of their products are fine. Pretty tough to mess up an off-road midpipe. But, I have seen countless posts about the lack of quality put into their products and how they rip off designs from other companies. I think you would have a tough time finding such posts about any MGW product.
(and no I do not work for MGW :rolleyes: )

menasci said:
I was just trying to give my review of the MGW. But, people love to chime in and post how great their UPR, Triax, etc are.
Well, I'm happy for them, and they are good shifters. But, I was reviewing the MGW. If you want to tell everyone how good your UPR shifter is then start a new thread. I didn't knock any shifter out there, in fact, I stated that the Pro50 is very close. However, the UPR and Triax are inferior in my opinion. I have tried them all, therefore I believe my opinion to be a fair one.

As far as UPR is concerned, I'm sure many of their products are fine. Pretty tough to mess up an off-road midpipe. But, I have seen countless posts about the lack of quality put into their products and how they rip off designs from other companies. I think you would have a tough time finding such posts about any MGW product.
(and no I do not work for MGW :rolleyes: )

I agree that the MGW is a NICE product and I do myself think it's a better shifter than the UPR or the triax.. I just wanted to comment that some of the UPR products work just fine and the price is right..