Microsqirt fox won't rev up

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
Hey everyone I finally finished up the wiring for the micro squirt in my 91 lx and got it running. It idles smooth and will rev up to about 4 grand before if falls on its face and bogs out. I haven't had a chance to calibrate the tps sensor yet because my serial adapter hasn't gotten to the house yet.

Will a non calibrated tps cause this sort of problem? If not does anyone have any ideas?

I would appreciate any help yall can give. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors(?)

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Your lucky the car even runs if you have not done any tuning on it yet.
Wait for the cable to come in, then begin tuning.
What wideband do you have installed?

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
As of right now it has the stock heated o2 sensors in it. I planned to pick one up with my next check but havent really looked into them as of yet. Is there a preferred brand anyone could recommend?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Spartan2 from 14point7.com

you wont find a better solution for the money. I like them so much i run 2 of them on my ms3pro car

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
Just placed the order thanks for the recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, this is the first project I've had that wasn't a carburated chevy truck, what kind of pit did I just dig myself?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
You will be ok, I tune one of these systems a week and we have a great forum to here. Worste case you use my services page.

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
So I got my usb to serial adapter in. Drivers are installed on my windows 10 laptop. I have verified that its communicating over port 7 but tunerstudio wont talk to the microsquirt. As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly with proper power and ground but I cant even start a new project.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the 2 to talk?

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
I actually just figured it out. Tuner studio was trying to communicate with my printer. So I had to reset the program and shut off the printer. All the sensors are calibrated now so I'm just waiting on the wide band to show up and I need to get my timing light working to find base timing. It already runs a lot better but it goes extremely lean and chokes itself out at about 5k.

Reactions: Scrapla347