Microsqirt fox won't rev up

Grisortor

Oct 11, 2019
Utah
Hey everyone I finally finished up the wiring for the micro squirt in my 91 lx and got it running. It idles smooth and will rev up to about 4 grand before if falls on its face and bogs out. I haven't had a chance to calibrate the tps sensor yet because my serial adapter hasn't gotten to the house yet.

Will a non calibrated tps cause this sort of problem? If not does anyone have any ideas?

I would appreciate any help yall can give. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

As of right now it has the stock heated o2 sensors in it. I planned to pick one up with my next check but havent really looked into them as of yet. Is there a preferred brand anyone could recommend?

Just placed the order thanks for the recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, this is the first project I've had that wasn't a carburated chevy truck, what kind of pit did I just dig myself?

So I got my usb to serial adapter in. Drivers are installed on my windows 10 laptop. I have verified that its communicating over port 7 but tunerstudio wont talk to the microsquirt. As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly with proper power and ground but I cant even start a new project.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the 2 to talk?

I actually just figured it out. Tuner studio was trying to communicate with my printer. So I had to reset the program and shut off the printer. All the sensors are calibrated now so I'm just waiting on the wide band to show up and I need to get my timing light working to find base timing. It already runs a lot better but it goes extremely lean and chokes itself out at about 5k.

Reactions: 1 user