Microsquirt issue. Car won't start with SPOUT in

sw1tched007

Mar 13, 2020
Latrobe, PA
Got a Microsquirt and PNP harness from EFI Source for my foxbody. It will start and run with the SPOUT out but as soon as I plug it in the car shuts off and will not start. Had a few problems at first due to the resistor in the harness touching multiple pins and ruined my TFI and PIP. Replaced distributor and now all that stuff tests good. I tested the resistor that is in the harness and it is reading 331 ohms but in the microsquirt manual it calls for a 1000 ohm resistor. Not sure if this would be causing the issue or not.

Just looking if anyone has any ideas of what else could be causing this issue. Car started and ran fine prior to installing the microsquirt and harness.

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
@a91what

I'm not well versed with microsquirt or the pnp harness. I run mspnp2. Make sure all the wiring pins are going where they are supposed to. Im sure you've already checked all that. It seems like with the spout out it would be running on mechanical timing. Plugging it in seems like it would allow the microsquirt to take over. Did you set up the timing properly in TS. Offset should be 10°. Can you post a tune file and a datalog ?

I had serious issues getting my car started a couple years ago. A91what was a huge help. He's gotten busier but is always willing to help. If I were in your boat I'd call or message him and give him a little scratch to get it started and the first tune. Actually, I pay him and watch the magic happen on my lap top.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I see alot i would change on the tune but nothing that should stop it from working, I even checked it against a known good tune.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
The first thing i see is the MAP signal and the sensors freak out during cranking... This is the same behavior that kills the a9l stock ecu, I believe when you are cranking the NSS circuit is feeding 12v onto the signal ground. this is a major issue. This needs to be found and addressed as soon as possible. do you still have the stock O2 sensor harness installed? if so unplug it

I see rpm in the log file on the no start condition so it is the TFI that is not firing. try and remove the pullup resistor first as a test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Another Idle surge post with microsquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 2
Nightstang00 Idle issues with a foxbody and microsquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 31
J Microsquirt vs ms3gold box? Digital Self-tuning Forum 2
C Microsquirt tuning and surging idle problems Digital Self-tuning Forum 7
A Microsquirt setup and first start questions Digital Self-tuning Forum 9
U My microsquirt project Digital Self-tuning Forum 4
matt_ru Microsquirt with MSD 6A help Digital Self-tuning Forum 24
T Microsquirt and inputs Digital Self-tuning Forum 3
beyondEOD SN95 94-95 Microsquirt Pinouts Digital Self-tuning Forum 8
79pace Moates / TwEECer / MicroSquirt? Which one should I look into? Digital Self-tuning Forum 16
beyondEOD Fuel Pressure Sensor with Megasquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 15
Jtoepper93 Turbo fox microsquirt help Digital Self-tuning Forum 16
beyondEOD 94-95 Mustang 5.0 AODE MS3 Gold Box w/ Microsquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 62
beyondEOD 94-95 Mustang GT Auto Dual Microsquirt ECUs Digital Self-tuning Forum 14
G Electrical Microsquirt harness help Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 9
J My first microsquirt project Digital Self-tuning Forum 13
Nightstang00 Digital Tuning Coolant Temperature Sensor Microsquirt Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 13
6 Help Need for a 4 cylinder swap with a microsquirt!!!!! Digital Self-tuning Forum 5
A Any help with Microsquirt tuning would be very much appreciated Digital Self-tuning Forum 14
94tang Fried Microsquirt? Digital Self-tuning Forum 7
maisonmays22 Microsquirt no start condition Digital Self-tuning Forum 31
maisonmays22 Microsquirt General Questions Digital Self-tuning Forum 1
E Stock 94 GT Microsquirt wont run/idle Digital Self-tuning Forum 2
OldManRiver Microsquirt V3-No start with spout in Digital Self-tuning Forum 15
a91what Service Provided Megasquirt ECU support and Tuning Services - Tuning, Welding, Mechanic, Body Work... 5
A Ignition box with microsquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 3
9 Microsquirt with strange cold start problem Digital Self-tuning Forum 5
Gunny87 Microsquirt not syncing up with tunerstudio Digital Self-tuning Forum 11
8 5.0 microsquirt mustang hits wall around 5000 RPM Digital Self-tuning Forum 25
Creomod SOLD Microsquirt for sale new mustang 86-93 Other Classifieds 3
U 5.0 Microsquirt start up help Digital Self-tuning Forum 11
8 5.0 microsquirt help Digital Self-tuning Forum 18
Blucifer99 92lx. Whats the difference between microsquirt and megasquirt for fox mustangs Digital Self-tuning Forum 10
1 97 explorer 302 microsquirt Digital Self-tuning Forum 41
danielhv danielhv 87 microsquirt project Digital Self-tuning Forum 76
H 1989 gt vortech supercharged microsquirt, having trouble getting idle set, need a tune to compare. Digital Self-tuning Forum 4
a91what Megasquirt/tuner Studio Tech Thread Digital Self-tuning Forum 15
M Engine Ignition Timing Issues 1985 Fox Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
J Engine 93 5.0 issues with iddle and no power. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
Mystang66 Solenoid issue? 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 7
F Electrical Tracking down my always full fuel gauge issue....89 Notch 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech 3
sigsterrr Electrical Charging issue Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 8
T Parasitic drain - SJB issue 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 5
R Engine stud mount roller rocker poly lock nut issue. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
M 2003 GT auto shifting SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 0
A New fox owner, idle issues need some advice Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 20
D please help fuel pressure issue 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 0
J Engine RPMs dropping issue 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech 0
D Electrical issues 2007 GT 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 1
J 2000 GT Idle/Running Issues SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 6