Mild Street Edge

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also interested in any info anyone has about the Mild Street Edge. I think for my setup a 2800 stall would probably be ideal, but for $200 less I'd be fine with the 2600 stall the Mild Street Edge offers. One thing I'm not sure of though is what the STR (I think that's what it's called) is for the Mild Street Edge. That's the torque multiplication factor of the convertor and I'm curious how much over stock it is. The stall RPM is only one of the factors that determines how a convertor will drive and the torque multiplication factor, IMO, is just as important but no one ever talks about it. I'm sure I could email Edge with my questions/concerns but I haven't taken the time yet since I'm still 2 months away from buying anything anyway.

I'm also interested in any info anyone has about the Mild Street Edge. I think for my setup a 2800 stall would probably be ideal, but for $200 less I'd be fine with the 2600 stall the Mild Street Edge offers. One thing I'm not sure of though is what the STR (I think that's what it's called) is for the Mild Street Edge. That's the torque multiplication factor of the convertor and I'm curious how much over stock it is. The stall RPM is only one of the factors that determines how a convertor will drive and the torque multiplication factor, IMO, is just as important but no one ever talks about it. I'm sure I could email Edge with my questions/concerns but I haven't taken the time yet since I'm still 2 months away from buying anything anyway.

If anyone has any info on this- very interested!

I'm going to bump this month old thread because I've emailed with Andre @ Edge a couple times about the Mild Street converter of his and have some info to share.

Max stall like everyone already knows is 2600. What I was able to find out though is that "The STR on the stock unit is just under 1.9. The "Mild Street Edge" can be set for as much as 2.25."

For me with what I'm looking to get out of the car, a 2600rpm stall and 2.25 STR should get me to where I want to be. The 2.25 STR over stock should give me an extra 18.4% torque down low where I need it. Combined with the higher stall rpm my heavy pig should get off the line pretty well.

I'll be ordering it mid next month and will post up impressions once it's installed.