Misc. suspension replacements

After a few posts, some reading, and pictures, I think I'm going to keep my stock leafs and coils mainly becuase I don't want to have to go through a lot of trouble to acheive the stance I currently have; But I do want to service my suspension and improve handling where possible. I'll be installing new coil spring perches, insulators, and strut rod bushings. And they are all urethane, I just can't see spending $80 vs. $20 to get poly bushings. And I'll be getting a monte carlo bar. What else can I do to improve handling and/or ride for my car? Should I just get new springs after all?

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang67 said:
After a few posts, some reading, and pictures, I think I'm going to keep my stock leafs and coils mainly becuase I don't want to have to go through a lot of trouble to acheive the stance I currently have; But I do want to service my suspension and improve handling where possible. I'll be installing new coil spring perches, insulators, and strut rod bushings. And they are all urethane, I just can't see spending $80 vs. $20 to get poly bushings. And I'll be getting a monte carlo bar. What else can I do to improve handling and/or ride for my car? Should I just get new springs after all?

start with what you're planning on but hold a little bit out of the budget so you can replace them later if you feel the need. also don't use the poly bushings on the strut rod, use rubber otherwise you run a greater chance of breaking a strut rod. have you decided on the steering setup yet? i still think you should look clsoely at the randalls rack kit.

Global West makes a performance rubber strut rod bushing that is firmer that the stock rubber, but softer that the polys.
I've heard of people breaking their strut rods when hitting a pot hole in the road with poly.

Sub frame connectors are you best bang for the buck for firming up any car.
and a 1 piece export brace,

O yea, subframe connectors seem like a must. I didn't realize that the only thing currently connecting the front and rear subframes is the floor boards, which were badly rusted when I started on this car. They are replaced now, but I'll definately be getting some connectors. Anything else to mess with while the suspension is apart?