misfire prob! help

02gtpony said:
the plugs are the motorcraft plugs that ford uses, it took me 3 hours farting around trying to get the threads to line up, i'll change the oil and filter and clean the plugs and i will let you know how it goes, it won't be until friday cause im crammed pack the rest of the week, don't worry its retired until this problem is fixed, check back on sunday and i will post up how it goes, thanks for your help,

do you still have the old plugs. do the threads match the ones on the old plugs.

no way should it be that hard to get plugs started.

• Sponsors (?)

can a fuel injector just be cleaned if its clogged or do i have to buy a new one, how much do they run? Im about to go do the oil and filter in a few minutes after i eat, i will post up again sunday afternoon sometime, thanks for all the help guys

02gtpony said:
can a fuel injector just be cleaned if its clogged or do i have to buy a new one, how much do they run? Im about to go do the oil and filter in a few minutes after i eat, i will post up again sunday afternoon sometime, thanks for all the help guys

ok before you do anything remmeber what I said. the plugs have to be cleaned and the oil changed at the same time. running it with misfires will contaminate the new oil.

if you still have a misfire after that you can try swaping the number 8 injector with another injector and then see if the miss moves to that cylinder.

02gtpony said:
you can take it out and spray the top with carb spray and try to shake out anything which may be in it...

My car is doing the same thing! Its missing at low rpms and then smooths out around 3500...rpms I believe the mass air and fuel is the problem......I had the car dyno tuned about 2 months ago and it ran great with all the mods I did.l....i disconnected the maf to clean it and change the plugs and oil and it had problems ever since....

"ED"

my cousin and i ran a compression test on the #8 cylinder and its fine, my fuel pressure is low which tells me it might be the injector, so the next step is to swap out injectors and see if it moves and go from there, im also going to run some berryman B12 in it too, i did change the oil and clean all the plugs and it hasn't changed yet, so im going to keep doing my process of elimination and keep posting up for you guys, anymore input would help, thanks

02gtpony said:
my cousin and i ran a compression test on the #8 cylinder and its fine, my fuel pressure is low which tells me it might be the injector, so the next step is to swap out injectors and see if it moves and go from there, im also going to run some berryman B12 in it too, i did change the oil and clean all the plugs and it hasn't changed yet, so im going to keep doing my process of elimination and keep posting up for you guys, anymore input would help, thanks

yeah it almost has to be a injector at this point. only other thing could be a defective plug in number 8. if this don't move the misfire then swap the plug in number 8 to another cylinder and see if it moves.

i have tried switching plugs around and the misfire doesn't move. I was also thinking it could be a bad fuel pressure regulator, does this sound legit? i'm going to switch injectors around to see if the misfire moves and we will go from there, i'll keep posting up, again thanks

02gtpony said:
i have tried switching plugs around and the misfire doesn't move. I was also thinking it could be a bad fuel pressure regulator, does this sound legit? i'm going to switch injectors around to see if the misfire moves and we will go from there, i'll keep posting up, again thanks

no I doubt it's the regulator. most likely the injector.

I have an 02 V6 that's misfiring on 3 cylinders: 1, 2, 6. I also have the same
P0316 code (which IS misfiring on startup). I replaced the plugs, checked the MAF, and checked the oil. I haven't done anything to the wires yet, but I am having it analyzed tomorrow. Also, when the cylinders started misfiring, my power steering fluid started leaking, which I doubt has anything to do with it. I just think it's strange how 3 cylinders can just start misfiring at the same time, all of a sudden.

I replaced the coil pack and wires. The car started running much better. It only missed every now and then. The SES light went away too. After letting the engine run for awhile, I tried driving it, and the misfire came back, almost as bad as before. It seems like maybe it's only missing on 2 cylinders now. I also put on an off-road x-pipe, which cleared a little of the misfire. But it's still missing pretty bad. I'm going to check the ICM. I also heard about the possibility of a bad cam position sensor, but I don't really know much about that problem. Anyone else know?

been a long time since i posted that thread but in the end after being in the shop 5 times in one month it was the fuel rails clogged so check the fuel rails, got new ones put on and it has ran fine ever since, it was all covered under warranty so all i had to fork up was the deductible which was $100