Drivetrain Mix Matched Pp And Clutch Disc

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
I just bought a used GForce T5 with hardly any miles on it. I am recieving a tri-ax shifter and a McCleod 26 Spline Disc, which also has hardly any miles on it. I currently run a Spec Stage II clutch (10 spline), which has just barely started slipping at low speeds in 5th gear with full throttle. It has taken several hard launches on drag radials and has been a good clutch.

I know some people mix match brand name pressure plates and clutch disc. What are yall's opinions on this? Do yall think it would be alright to use my PP with the McCleod disc? Something about the idea of it just bothers me a little.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a problem with it.

My son bought his T5 with a Spec kevlar clutch and PP.
The previous owner said the clutch was 'grabby' (chatter) due to the kevlar, and you could see it in the PP surface.

The car is a DD, so instead of having kevlar chatter, we just gently did a shadetree resurface on the PP with sandpaper, and used a new stock replacement disc. It works great.

If you were going to torture the car on drag radials, I wouldn't do the stock replacement, but mixing good brand names wouldn't bother me a bit.