MM suspension - I need help!

kalvick

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Norwalk, CT
Hey Guys,

I have my heart set on getting the Sport Box suspension kit from Maximum Motorsports. I also want to get the bilstein HD coil overs as well.

So I talked to one of the guys over there. and he suggested that i get the sports box package (sb-7) but substitute Bilsteins (V36-4138-h3) instead of getting the Tokico HP struts. he also suggested i get the full sub frame connectors.

so here is the question. should i get the Sports box kit as is, except get the full subframe connectors instead of the standard subframes?

or should i get the sports box kit with the coil over'ed Bilsteins?

if i get a local shop to install either kit how long would you estimate an installation taking?

Finally how much of a drop would either kit give me?

• Sponsors (?)

get the coilovers. do it once instead of doing it twice like Iam going to do.

and go with the coilovers you can adjust your ridehight.

get the full length subframes its not much more and completely worth it. after I put mine in i ended up with less rattling in the cabin.

Why are you gona have someone put this stuff on for you? the subframes i understand but the suspension I dont. there are a few writeups around that will guide you through it, its easy. If you can change your breaks you can do suspension work. you could take the cash you would save and buy yet another mod for you stang in witch i suggest a MM panhard bar.

Call maximum motorsports and tell them exactly what you want to do with the car (street, strip, auto cross, daily driver, open track, etc) and they will tell you exactly what you need so you don't have to worry about what you want or think is the coolest sounding setup.