Mobile app issues.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Last few days I’ve been having issues with the mobile app. The search function doesn’t work (the button doesn’t even work) and I’ve had issues when loading pages.

I notice the forum arrangement has been changed which looks good on desktop, but this is when I started noticing issues.

tried to reply to a thread earlier and the reply box was missing. Had to reload the page a dozen times

I’m on iOS. Anyone ekse?

It’s also not working on my laptop.

you can search by typing in and hitting enter, but you can’t modify the search at all. Clicking the spyglass does nothing.

Hitting search does nothing. It registers the tap, but doesn’t respond

the forum arrangement is a little skewed as well. I’m on an iPhone Pro Max. 2688 x 1242

9479CBAE-DFC3-4A1C-9EFA-F33D6FD1005B.png

It may be small consolation but initial tips are as follows:

The dynamic scaling on SN was meant to be run in landscape on mobile devices. I recommend surfing SN in landscape mode and become accustomed to it that way.

I don't spend a great deal of time trying to make adjustments so that it's ideal on every phone because it's just not possible. Not only do different phones treat webspace differently but the browsers themselves also treat web spaces differently.

Some of the choices made about what content to show and what content not to show on a given amount of available desktop space, are compromises. We chose settings that seem to work for [most].

The problem you are seeing in portrait mode with the main forum menus is due to the minimum size of the images used to mark those forums. The image sizes were chosen so that they are [smaller] than the commanded size of the menu item but large enough that they're not fuzzy at that commanded size. What you are running into is a minimum. You might have noticed that everything scales correctly in landscape mode. It's because the image size of the background is no longer the minimum required to scale everything equally.

In other words: In your specific case, there's not enough desk space to display everything in portrait mode since artifacts themselves can not be "word-wrapped" (so to speak) to the next available row.

Cliff Notes: Turn the phone sideways for large menus and drop-downs. The reason you're registering the click and not getting the menu is because your particular browser/SN/Dynamic Scaling/desktop resolution combo said, "Nope... not enough room".

I tried a couple of different browsers and some handle that issue differently. None of them crashed though :shrug: That's a plus.

I nearly forgot:

On your laptop, hold your left [control] key and roll your mouse [scroll] wheel up/down until you're happy with it. I have to assume your laptop is 1080p.

Your browser may suck if it's brand new pre-installed trashware *raspberry noise*...

Thursday and Friday, my Iphone SE was not playing well with the site, in landscape or portrait. Saturday and today are fine. I wrote it off as slow service where I was stuck.
The three bars to the left of the Sangnet.com at the top of the page would pull down a white menu folder tab with no menu list.

Ok, back on laptop. It's running 1920 x 1080.

I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome. The spyglass does nothing. It registers the click, but no response. I've tried various resolutions. Nada. I can't tailor my search. The 3 dots next to the spyglass do nothing as well.

This isn't a POS laptop either. It's my work PC which I use for my CAD software. It's got Horsepower.

Ok, back on laptop. It's running 1920 x 1080.

I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome. The spyglass does nothing. It registers the click, but no response. I've tried various resolutions. Nada. I can't tailor my search. The 3 dots next to the spyglass do nothing as well.

This isn't a POS laptop either. It's my work PC which I use for my CAD software. It's got Horsepower.
Check your Windows DNS settings.

Since it's your work computer, a couple of things can get in the way. If your company has an IT person, they should be the ones to do it.

For the purpose of the forum, DNS should be set to Google. Often times, computer setup for company network have their DNS set to whatever the company requires. You can also check to see if your computer connects through a VPN when you go on-line.

Here are the instructions for setting Google DNS in Windows 10. Once again: You may or may not have the permissions and/or authority to make these changes on a company machine. Check with your IT: