Progress Thread Mob's Progress Thread - Struggles of condo living

Just bumping this thread with some updates.

In March of 2021 I got the gas tank back in the car with some new gas and it started right up.

My mom (where car was stored) ended up moving to a new place so I had to put the car in storage. It's been sitting there for about a year but I've made some good progress over the past month.

- Not sure if I mentioned before but a long time ago I slammed the car and the coils were so low I couldn't even fit a jack under it. Car was almost undriveable with the suspension. Finally got the coils lifted back up, I might still drop the rear a tad.

- I got new tires, a long time ago I thought it was cool to stretch tires. I got a pair of 275 Nitto's for the rear and found a local guy who had a pair of almost new 245's for a steal, which I put on the front.

- I had the stock sway bar sitting in the trunk so figured I'd get new mounts and throw it back on this weekend

- Also gave it's first car wash in almost 10 yrs

- Got an MGW shifter which might go on tomorrow

- Can't decide if I should go with the Saleen front lip (already had one and sold it) or if I should go with a GT front bumper with cobra insert. I am leaning towards GT bumper but I have had difficulty finding one.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Here is an Idle video, has a surge I need to work out, going to check vacuum leaks soon, I think I know where I have a couple

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Gt front bumper with cobra insert. If you can find an OEM one that needs a little work it'll be better than the black plastic replacements. 3m04747 urethane adhesive bonds perfectly to the oem bumper material. It'll glue cracks and fill holes well. Best I've ever used on them but you've got to work quick. Stuff starts setting almost immediately.

Gt front bumper with cobra insert. If you can find an OEM one that needs a little work it'll be better than the black plastic replacements. 3m04747 urethane adhesive bonds perfectly to the oem bumper material. It'll glue cracks and fill holes well. Best I've ever used on them but you've got to work quick. Stuff starts setting almost immediately.

Yea I think this is probably the way to go. I am in a few Fox swap groups on Facebook so just waiting for the right one to pop up locally.

Here is just a quick update what I did last weekend. The trunk was a hot mess so I got a $15 piece of underlayment and a handsaw and cleaned everything up. Got a Moroso box as well, I'll need to strap it down and clean up the cables.

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Guys, I made sort of an impulse buy. I found a really good deal locally on this kit so I just had to pick it up. Not sure how long it's going to take me to get it on because I don't have a great place to work on it, but planning to buy a house by end of year so we'll see. I have mostly all of the parts, I think the only thing I'll need is a new fuel pump and oil lines. I'll just post these up for now. More updates later on as I clean things up.

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Got a couple more parts in, my goal is to try and tune this thing with a stock computer and Quarterhorse. I've basically been researching everything EEC's for the past month and still barely know what I am doing. I got everything hooked up today and ran some data logs on the car. Going to load it up and see what I can mess around with. I currently have a very very rough idle when car goes into closed loop. Car idles perfectly at 800 in open loop but once it goes to close loop the idles surges to the point that it dies. I'll run through the surging idle checklist but I am thinking it might have something to do with my stock MAF in a larger housing that's throwing it off, maybe leaning it out at idle.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Picked up my powder coated intake today and just wanted to show it off since I am SUPER happy with how it came out. The guy did a great job. I am working on like 5 different projects on this car right now so as they all start to come together more I will post more, but mostly just working on cleaning everything up

IMG_3009.jpg

Cleaning this mess up

IMG_2941.jpg

Before pic:

IMG_2953.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, wanted to share more struggles of living in a condo and ~$100 spray can job. I was finally able to locate a GT bumper to replace my blue LX bumper. I found this one locally for $200 bucks, it was an aftermarket replacement, never been painted but it had been sitting outside for a long time. Decided to watch some youtube videos and paint it with spray paint.

Painting Materials:
- Duplicolor spray cans x4 (Color matched WB paint code)
- Eastwood 2k Clear Coat x2
- Sandable filler primer x2
- Bumper Bite filler
- Various grit sandpaper 400-2500

Bumper after purchasing:

IMG_3210.jpg

After filling all holes and rough spots with filler, sanded to 2500 grit

IMG_3229.jpg

Cleaned at self service car wash:

IMG_3232.jpg

Cut hole for Cobra grill insert:

IMG_3254.jpg

Primed in my mothers garage:

IMG_3255.jpg

Painted at friends house, sanded with 2000 grit between each coat

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

Wet sanded after final coat and sprayed with 2k clear coat, in the next few days I am going to wet sand the clear and buff it:

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Damn, wanna knock mine out too? That looks great.

Also, I dont know anything about the QH system. There's a lot of folks here using Megasquirt, myself included. Might be easier to get help with it over the QH, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, wanna knock mine out too? That looks great.

Also, I dont know anything about the QH system. There's a lot of folks here using Megasquirt, myself included. Might be easier to get help with it over the QH, in my opinion.
haha thanks, I was actually very satisfied with how it turned out for a spray can job, I think once I wet sand and buff the clear it'll look pretty good from even a few inches away. That 2k clear in a can is the secret trick.

I wish I would have thought about the MS before I went with the QH, I started seeing some used one's pop up on Facebook after I bought mine. I'll probably stick with the QH for now since I spent the money on it but you're completely right on getting help with it.

I love the data logging though, really helped me track down a few bugs, like I realized one of my O2 sensors was getting no reading, went to go replace it and realized it was just unplugged :doh: Also realized car was running lean on a stock tune. Checked fuel pressure and realized my regulator was stuck at 30psi and wouldn't adjust up or down which resulted in me ripping the intake off and getting it powder coated. Every time I start one project I end up with 3 new ones, but it's all part of the fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Who is the source to buy the threaded blocks the sway bar mounts bolt to? Those look alot better than stock.
Anyone know who sells those?