Modular 2v swap

leathernotch

Oct 14, 2006
I can get the motor out of a 2001 w/10000 miles on it for 500 and a transmission for another 500 and trade my longblock for all the other stuff I need of a friends 96 parts car.

My oil pump went a month ago and I don't know how the motor is going to be if I replace it.

Does anyone have info on this swap. Track times post swap or anything else that can help.

• Sponsors (?)

my friends son started this swap, K member, wiring harness, computer, hydro boost system were some of the major stuff needed...just sounds like a lot of work to me. if i ever do a mod swap, its going to be to get a 5.4 into a 99+, I havent even finished my 84 project and i'm already thinking 351.

I am deep into this swap. I am using the harness from headlights to taillights. I am using the dash, and console the hydroboost, clutch pedal box everything. There are many things to consider. I have posted a lot about this. It just depends how you are doing the swap. Do you want to keep the fox wirings and dash? If so that will be much less work, but you will have 50-80 hours in wiring fabrication between the two harnesses to make them plugs and play. I didn't go that route so that is why I am using everything!! You must modify all the holes in the firewall for the hyroboost to fit. You also need a hydroboost style pedal box, they are different from the vacuum style clutch pedal boxes. Any more info needed just ask, or PM me.