moser c-clip axels with c-clip eliminaters??

nocaryet

Apr 23, 2004
hey everyone,
i am just starting to modify my mustang and i am thinking of making it handle and stop before any big power. So what i was thinking was to get a 31 spline eaton diff with 31 spline, 5 lug axels to compliment my disc brakes. My question is if i buy the moser 31 spline c-clip axels and run those temporarily (say 2-3 years before HCI and power adder), could i use their c-clip eliminaters with their c-clip axels, once i get the power? Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Generally, if you want to make the car handle -- you don't want c-clip eliminators...they aren't really designed to handle the sideloads you may place on them. It may be better to look into some 9" ends instead, they may be better suited to your application.

axeman said:
i know they are reccommended for drag racing. are they still possible maybe with somemodification to the axles?

I'm not sure what you mean -- the axles should be the same, it's just a mettero f whether they have the channel for the c-clip or not AFAIK.

EMW150 said:
You may want to contact Moser about that. I think they're the same, just a matter of having the eliminators pressed on.

I was thinking because the 9" ends were welded they may work better -- but really I was just throwing out a suggestion to research.

I'm not sure what you mean -- the axles should be the same, it's just a mettero f whether they have the channel for the c-clip or not AFAIK.

ok, i didn't realize they were the same except for the c-clip channel. i guess that makes sense now. i just wasn't sure. that's makes it a little easier then.