Most Cost Effective 5.0/Fox Build?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
Seeing the debate/hijacking of a tread about the price of building a fast car, I thought maby it's a good topic. So, what what is a cost effective buildup and what kind of money does it take to build a 12 second car, a 11 second, and down the clock? Or should I say 300rwhp, 400rwhp.....

I know I for one have tried one route and didn't get that good of results. Some mods I did cost hundreds of dallars and maby netted only a few horses, and now looking into it, I think there are much better ways. $$:HP

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, if you are absolutely scraping together every last penny and you just wanna go fast with little hastle, you CAN NOT beat an Explorer long block swap. I was just looking in the classifieds locally today and found a 60k block in a rolled Explorer for 375! That's incredible...go out and get yourself a TFS Stage 2 cam and slip it in, bolt the engine up and put slicks on your car and you will be all over high-mid 12s all day long, and you'll do it with the same quality and durability that gets 302s into the 200k+ mile range everyday (my engine has 250+).

Seriously, someone show me another way to get into the 12s while doing a complete engine swap for less than 500 bucks...and freebees and friend discounts don't count :D