Motor Mounts

• Sponsors (?)

Why don't these fit 79-83 ?
I believe they will, the difference I found searching around was the early mounts have a replaceable 'biscuit ' that bolts between the two metal mount brackets, the later mounts are molded to the lower mount and the upper is bolted to the upper and have a 'safety ' rubber molded bolt that keeps the two metal mounts from separating.
Now I didn't find much on vert mounts but I will have a chance to compare a replacement vert mount to an original soon.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
1649702384525.png

There ya go. Some slight modifications required.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
How much will the energy suspension mounts lower the engine compared to the prothane mounts? Need to make sure I won't have any clearance issues with the other stuff on the car. Is there a difference in height between the prothane and energy suspension transmission mounts or is it just the engine mounts?

The ES mounts are modeled on the convertible mounts while the prothane mounts are the early hardtop mounts. The convertible mounts are 1/2" lower than the early hardtop mounts. I assume this carries over with the poly versions but it's really an unknown how this plays out with real world measurements.

The ES mounts are modeled on the convertible mounts while the prothane mounts are the early hardtop mounts. The convertible mounts are 1/2" lower than the early hardtop mounts. I assume this carries over with the poly versions but it's really an unknown how this plays out with real world measurements.
So the prothane mounts should be the same as the stock mounts on a 90 GT as far as height? Not sure what years are covered under the early hardtops.

So the prothane mounts should be the same as the stock mounts on a 90 GT as far as height? Not sure what years are covered under the early hardtops.

I believe pre-91 is considered the "early" hardtop mounts. 91-93 all got the convertible mounts that were used from 87-90. I don't know the pre-87 years

My engine definitely sits higher than stock so not sure what is going on. Can the mounts be replaced while the car is on the ground and without a engine hoist to lift up the engine? Maybe a floor jack under the balancer with a piece of wood or any other ways of raising the engine enough to replace the mounts? I'm debating on the mounts vs a 2" steel cowl hood.