• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Mounting a 10" sub

  • Thread starter Thread starter JESTER
  • Start date Start date Aug 29, 2005

JESTER

My dog and I are pee pals.
Founding Member
Dec 11, 1998
1,769
1
59
Newnan, GA
Aug 29, 2005
#1
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #1
I am looking at getting back into the Mustang thing with a 97-98 Cobra.

I have a smaller system in the truck I have right now, but want to pull it out and yank the Mach 460 from the cobra.

What I want to do is to mount my Memphis 10" in the rear deck between the two 5x7s. The 10" is currently in a sealed box - what needs to happen in order to mount it and enclose it if necessary?

Thanks for any input
 
S

strokedandblown

Banned
May 3, 2005
555
0
0
USA
Aug 29, 2005
#2
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #2
i know they make "fee air" subs that dont need enclosures but i have never heard any so i dont know if they are any good?
 

JESTER

My dog and I are pee pals.
Founding Member
Dec 11, 1998
1,769
1
59
Newnan, GA
Aug 29, 2005
#3
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #3
Well, I already have a sub that I would want to use...so I don't really need to buy one. I just want to know what the best way to mount it in the rear deck and enclose it - if anyone has done this.

But thanks for the input.
 
S

strokedandblown

Banned
May 3, 2005
555
0
0
USA
Aug 29, 2005
#4
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #4
a mold out of fiberglass is about he only way since the deck is not perfeclty flat, or build a box that holds the sub in the correct place? might be more effective to make a nice sealed enclosure and call it a day. Subs in a sealed trunk sound better (acts as 2nd enclosure)
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Aug 29, 2005
#5
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #5
i would build a bandpass box and port it throught the rear deck,theres really no reason to see the woofer.
 

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
3,434
2
78
McLean Hospital
Aug 29, 2005
#6
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #6
10in sub wont fit on the rear deck unless your work around the shape

I had to use two 8in subs viewed here

View attachment 505579
 

JESTER

My dog and I are pee pals.
Founding Member
Dec 11, 1998
1,769
1
59
Newnan, GA
Aug 29, 2005
#7
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #7
tomustang said:
10in sub wont fit on the rear deck unless your work around the shape

I had to use two 8in subs viewed here
Click to expand...


Cool, that's what I wanted to know.

Thanks!
 
S

strokedandblown

Banned
May 3, 2005
555
0
0
USA
Aug 29, 2005
#8
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #8
tomustang said:
10in sub wont fit on the rear deck unless your work around the shape

I had to use two 8in subs viewed here
]
Click to expand...
tom i take it those are free air subs? how do they sound, are they deep?

nice job on the setup
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
374
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
234
Other Auto Tech May 31, 2026
LILCBRA
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
9
WTB: Procharger or Vortech Supercharger – 1996–1998 Mustang GT 4.6 2V – Budget $3,200
  • 96mustang.gt
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
1
Views
456
Want to Buy May 3, 2026
roblabsn95
R
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?