Engine Mounting map sensor in car?

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys,

I have a couple gauges I'll be installing. One being a vac/boost gauge. I'm not running forced induction currently, but figured being able to read vacuum for now is a good thing.

The map sensor is recommended that it be facing down. I'm thinking I'd rather have it installed somewhere behind the dash, stereo or glovebox. Anyone do it this way?

That way I only need to run a vacuum line to the intake or vacuum tree.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_145658126.jpg
    IMG_20200327_145658126.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,

I have a couple gauges I'll be installing. One being a vac/boost gauge. I'm not running forced induction currently, but figured being able to read vacuum for now is a good thing.

The map sensor is recommended that it be facing down. I'm thinking I'd rather have it installed somewhere behind the dash, stereo or glovebox. Anyone do it this way?

That way I only need to run a vacuum line to the intake or vacuum tree.

Thanks.
If you are using the stock computer, 89 and later models do not use a MAP sensor. Instead, they use a BARO sensor and it does not connect to the manifold. The BARO sensor vent to open air and senses Barometric pressure.

If you are using the stock computer, 89 and later models do not use a MAP sensor. Instead, they use a BARO sensor and it does not connect to the manifold. The BARO sensor vent to open air and senses Barometric pressure.
My gauge came with a map sensor for the gauge itself. That's all it's used for.

I don't think you need a map sensor for that gauge. Put a t in one of your vac lines and run to the gauge adn start the car. Map sensor senses engine load and generates a signal that is proportional to the amount of vacuum it sees from the intake manifold for the ECU to use to make adjustements to ignition timing and fuel

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user