MRT H-pipe & deltaflows!

BMan5150

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Just got my MRT H-pipe with cats installed today. If you like the flowmaster sound like I do (I have deltaflows clamped into the stock catback), then you'll like this h-pipe. The basic flowmaster signature sound is still there, only it's a little amplified and definitely sounds significantly louder past 3500 rpms vs. with the stock H pipe.

The only bad part about putting this pipe on is that it's sort of a shame that I still have the stock catback pipes in! They look like crap next to the SS MRT H-pipe! Guess I'll be ponying up for a FM American Thunder H-pipe soon.

If you want a muscle car sound, this is definitely one combo that accomplishes your goal. It may not be the only combo that will do this, but this one works if you are going for muscle car sounds. It sounds nothing like a Bassani/Borla CB set up, and it sounds nothing like bassani/magnapacks.

• Sponsors (?)

I really can't say I "felt" much difference. I'm not sure anyone can really feel 7-9 horsepower anyways. If anything, I felt a little more in the midrange, ironically. Similar to what my SOTP meter felt when I installed the plenum/TB combo. The real test will be when I hit the track a few more times. If I can see consistent 100+ mph in good air, then it did it's job along with the improved muscle car sound!