• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Must.........kill........Crapi.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter FrankenStang
  • Start date Start date Apr 23, 2007

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 23, 2007
#1
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #1
Well, first I took the Crapi (I know I spelled it wrong. ) to get emission tested today. It passed...... well, all but the gas cap. ARGH!! They didn't argue with me over the car's identity either.

Then.......

I picked up my glasses. I'm a four eye now. :SNSign:

THEN......

on my way to pick my daughter up at her bf's house, the clutch cable (I think. Has to be.) starts giving me fits. The clutch pedal is really floppy now. I pretty much had to RPM shift it most of the way home until it just wouldn't do it anymore then just cruised home in 3rd gear. Sucked trying to time the lights so I didn't have to stop.

My daughter was PISSED. I just laughed at her and enjoyed the cruisin'. :SNSign:

The only thing that really REALLY pissed me off about the whole thing was when I couldn't get it in gear and was stuck at a light. This dumb ****in' OLD bitch kept honking at me even after I stepped out of the car and yelled at her to ****ing go AROUND! MORON!
 

5.0TailPipeHump

Member
Dec 5, 2006
153
0
17
Apr 23, 2007
#2
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #2
Lol i hope that never happens to me , i can see it now getting all frustrated in the front seat with your head bobing looking for stuff to shift, then get out and tell her to go around . oh **** im crying Lmao sry to hear that.
 

TomCat

New Member
Apr 19, 2005
412
0
0
Utah
Apr 23, 2007
#3
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #3
That bites. If ya want, I have a spare cable sitting in my room.
Good luck with it!
 
D

Daggar

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
3,902
5
0
Apr 23, 2007
#4
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #4
*Hears the feint drone of a death march, off in the distance*
 

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
315
283
134
Apache Junction, AZ
Apr 23, 2007
#5
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #5
Guess you're gonna have to invest in that new clutch cable, after all. I figured that old one was a bit stretched out when it was almost long enough to go onto the third hook, but I was hoping against hope that it wasn't at the terminal stage, yet.

Did you try cranking out the firewall adjuster a bit, yet? The farther you dial it out away from the firewall, the higher up it'll bring the pedal and take the slack out of the cable ... although, at this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that your cable has lived its life to the fullest. Maybe give Maximum Motorsports or Steeda a look to see if they have a better price than the Ford stealership for a cable - I'm still floored they actually want $160 for a friggin' cable!
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 23, 2007
#6
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #6
Darkwriter77 said:
Guess you're gonna have to invest in that new clutch cable, after all. I figured that old one was a bit stretched out when it was almost long enough to go onto the third hook, but I was hoping against hope that it wasn't at the terminal stage, yet.

Did you try cranking out the firewall adjuster a bit, yet? The farther you dial it out away from the firewall, the higher up it'll bring the pedal and take the slack out of the cable ... although, at this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that your cable has lived its life to the fullest. Maybe give Maximum Motorsports or Steeda a look to see if they have a better price than the Ford stealership for a cable - I'm still floored they actually want $160 for a friggin' cable!
Click to expand...

No, I didn't. I guess I was afraid I'd **** it up more. I mean, the pedal is just flopping around. I'll go try that now, I guess.

I'll start lookin for a cable too. Gonna have to wait till payday tho. These glasses kinda tapped me out.
 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Apr 23, 2007
#7
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #7
~FrankenStang~ said:
Well, first I took the Crapi (I know I spelled it wrong. ) to get emission tested today. It passed...... well, all but the gas cap. ARGH!! They didn't argue with me over the car's identity either.

Then.......

I picked up my glasses. I'm a four eye now. :SNSign:

THEN......

on my way to pick my daughter up at her bf's house, the clutch cable (I think. Has to be.) starts giving me fits. The clutch pedal is really floppy now. I pretty much had to RPM shift it most of the way home until it just wouldn't do it anymore then just cruised home in 3rd gear. Sucked trying to time the lights so I didn't have to stop.

My daughter was PISSED. I just laughed at her and enjoyed the cruisin'. :SNSign:

The only thing that really REALLY pissed me off about the whole thing was when I couldn't get it in gear and was stuck at a light. This dumb ****in' OLD bitch kept honking at me even after I stepped out of the car and yelled at her to ****ing go AROUND! MORON!
Click to expand...

Congrats on the passing. And thank you, I need a new gas cap and you reminded me to pick one up.
 

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
315
283
134
Apache Junction, AZ
Apr 23, 2007
#8
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #8
If it's severely floppin', chances are the cable's just plain snapped. You might be lucky, though, and the thing may have somehow come unhooked from the quadrant - a little zip-tie looped around there to hold it on the quad will solve that - but I'm kinda doubting it at this point. Snapped cables = teh suck.
 

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
0
1
0
atl ga
Apr 23, 2007
#9
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #9
that has happenedtome before, if anyone remembers "THE BEAST", the tranny went outwhile I was at a redlight and it waslikeit wasin neutral and all theseppl were yelling at menadI was screaming go aroundmy peiceof ****!! lmao.
 

bloopbloob

Member
Sep 27, 2006
578
4
16
Alberta
Apr 23, 2007
#10
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #10
don't mean to thread jack, but just wondering what the gas cap has to do with emissions?? is it just a leaky gas cap letting out fumes? don't have emissions up here, so i dont know about that stuff. just curious
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 23, 2007
#11
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #11
grey5.0beast said:
that has happenedtome before, if anyone remembers "THE BEAST", the tranny went outwhile I was at a redlight and it waslikeit wasin neutral and all theseppl were yelling at menadI was screaming go aroundmy peiceof ****!! lmao.
Click to expand...


OMG, is your space bar broken?
 

90_Red_LX

Member
Sep 29, 2003
668
5
19
Asheboro, NC
Apr 23, 2007
#12
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #12
bloopbloob said:
don't mean to thread jack, but just wondering what the gas cap has to do with emissions?? is it just a leaky gas cap letting out fumes? don't have emissions up here, so i dont know about that stuff. just curious
Click to expand...

The evap system needs to be sealed in order to work properly. On your obdII cars and maybe the older ones too, when you first turn the key, it puts the system in a small vaccuum. If it can't sustain the vaccuum it fails the test and tosses an evap code. Without a gas cap, the system isn't sealed.
 

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
315
283
134
Apache Junction, AZ
Apr 23, 2007
#13
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #13
It's a conspiracy started by the manufacturers of gas caps to increase their profits.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 23, 2007
#14
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #14
LOL, bastards.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Apr 23, 2007
#15
  • Apr 23, 2007
  • #15
Well, I somehow managed to get it into the garage. yay
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
699
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
new :poo: box, may need to hit you guys up for 79-82 info when i fix thIs turd.
  • rednotch
  • Sep 27, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
44
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 23, 2026
limp
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
724
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Wednesday at 8:17 AM
squeak93
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?