Mustang+Flood Water

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
Mustang+Flood Water (chicago)

So i got a question about our cars and flood water. Now right now in chicago the flood water is up to the wheel well. Meaning my tail pipes are submerged in nasty **** water. Does anything bad happen if the car ins't started up with the water that high? Can the water travel through the catback to the hpipe cats? ;[

Its ****ing bad out there.

• Sponsors (?)

H What 4.6 said:
idk but i cant be good
man up and go jack it up or something to get it higher.. haha
good luck.

:rlaugh: Yep, than watch the force of the water drop the jack than the mustang dives into the already high water :shrug:

omgmk2.jpg

When i went out there the water was up to there;[ Its alittler higher now.

Attachments

• omgmk2.jpg
    omgmk2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
i dont see how youll get hydrolocked. the water will need to travel UP your manifolds which would mean the water level would be significantly higher. when you start your car up, the water should blow out of your catback/midpipe, or evaporate when it's heated.

Stang|ess said:
i dont see how youll get hydrolocked. the water will need to travel UP your manifolds which would mean the water level would be significantly higher. when you start your car up, the water should blow out of your catback/midpipe, or evaporate when it's heated.

I agree. It would be difficult if it's just to your tail pipes to get all the way up into the motor. After it hits the cats it still has to travel UP the pipes and water without any pressure behind it just won't do it. If it goes up any more though it'll be creeping inside the car doors so I think you'll have even more to worry about it.

It Kind of hit us fast in Chicago. One minute it was just cloudy and the next there was a tornado by Lake Michigan in the Lake County area so yea I wouldnt have been out messin with the car. What part of Illinois do you live in?

If there is no way to tow it to higher ground or anything i'd say you should disconnect the battery and that's about all you can do. If it goes higher and gets into the engine you're effed and thats all there is to it, but by the time it got to that height your interior would be screwed too and the cars title will be screwed too.

If it's not movable right now i'd worry less about the car and more about the type of insurance coverage you have on it (insurance is a scam usually and can be a PITA to deal with when it comes to flood damage) and what kind of car you want to replace it with.

Open the door and let all the water in then call the insurance company to tell them that water got inside your interior and ruined your car. You will get the insurance money and then you could buy yourself another Mustang.