Mustang has a Garage FINALLY, pics

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
So we closed on the house and moved in Tuesday afternoon/night. Ended up getting the Mustang last night, pushed some stuff around and got it into the garage!! Plenty of room around it. Not particularly a fan of the beams in the center of the garage, but there is a bonus room above, so they are required. There is however a lot of headroom towards the front of the car (in the photos)... mmm lift? :D

Also grabbed some photos of other areas of the house. Time to take it out of 1987 and update it!

Enjoy:

Garage:
View attachment 240586
View attachment 240587

Great Room:
View attachment 240588
View attachment 240589
View attachment 240590

Bonus Room over Garage:
View attachment 240591

Bedroom:
View attachment 240592
View attachment 240593

Dog:
View attachment 240594
View attachment 240595

• Sponsors (?)

That's a good looking dog. What breed?

So did you take advantage of the "first time home buyer's credit"? The fiancee and I just had a pretty serious discussion about it last night. I think we might go for it, but it means closing on a house right before the wedding.

I bet it feels nice to have a warm and dry place for the Mustang to sleep!

Thanks Jesse...

Yes we did, $8000 coming back next spring. Probably go for granite, hardwood and some carpet. If not it will just get put into a rainy day fund.

The dog is a Golden/Hound mix. He has been a pain since we got him, but he did a LOT of moving and had a tough life. Hopefully he falls into his own within a couple weeks!

Very nice place you got there. I especially like the curtains in the garage... :D but seriously, sweet house. there is enless stuff that you can do with that place from the looks of it. You gonna mount the TV on the fireplace? Thats where i put myne, it really makes the living room

So did you take advantage of the "first time home buyer's credit"? The fiancee and I just had a pretty serious discussion about it last night. I think we might go for it, but it means closing on a house right before the wedding.

I bet it feels nice to have a warm and dry place for the Mustang to sleep!

You better get moving then, the first time home buyers credit ends at the end of november

I debated doing the TV over the FP, but it would place it really high. Make it useless to watch out of that room, and also cause issues with anyone in the kitchen / nook area. I'm thinking a stand in the corner, or lowering the mantle (actually might just build a large wood surround) and putting it on there.

We have big plans, we are going to (who knows when) blow out the wall between the bonus room and the great room, add a balcony the whole length and maybe a spiral stair. Make a bar / pool table area upstairs with access directly to the great room!

Tonight is paint, and maybe trim.

I debated doing the TV over the FP, but it would place it really high. Make it useless to watch out of that room, and also cause issues with anyone in the kitchen / nook area. I'm thinking a stand in the corner, or lowering the mantle (actually might just build a large wood surround) and putting it on there.

I was thinking the same thing about the mantle, if you lowered it down then the TV would look perfect up there, i have a 52" sony above myne and it looks like it was made to fit there, i got really lucky with the mantle placement at my house. I also want to build some kind of shelf next to or extended off of the mantle, but if you wanna see my setup i'd be glad to post a pic up

Definately post the pic up, noone ever posts home photos it seems (compared to car projects that is) and I love seeing that type of work.

What is tough with our mantle is directly below the existing one the bricks on the chimney are actually stepped out on both sides, to act as supports. The idea now is to do a lower mantle, for the TV to sit on, and then use those supports on either side for speaker stands, with a surround sound set up.

BTW my TV is a 52" and in th apartment it looked big, in this room it looks tiny! Maybe upgrade it one day, a nice 60" would be fun :D.

Definately post the pic up, noone ever posts home photos it seems (compared to car projects that is) and I love seeing that type of work.

What is tough with our mantle is directly below the existing one the bricks on the chimney are actually stepped out on both sides, to act as supports. The idea now is to do a lower mantle, for the TV to sit on, and then use those supports on either side for speaker stands, with a surround sound set up.

BTW my TV is a 52" and in th apartment it looked big, in this room it looks tiny! Maybe upgrade it one day, a nice 60" would be fun :D.

uhm sorry dude but thats understandable, its stangnet not housenet :D

Great deal on the house!

I understand you on the dog thing. We rescued a dalmatian from the Miami Dalmatian Rescue last August, and we were told we were his 7th or 8th home. He's a great dog, and gets along with our older dalmatian well, but he is certainly a handful, and was a pain to train properly.

You know what, I think you're right. Her dad was telling us it was extended until April, but I can't find anything on the IRS website that says that.

I heard that too, but im not sure that they actually went through with it, a friend of myne who is pretty smart with all that tax/legal/investment crap that told me they werent extending it. he is buying a condo in boston and closing on nov 31st :rlaugh:

Yup, we heard rumors of both. I even heard the extension included a $15000 kick back... But we got in, got closed and will be happy with our $8000.

I heard of that 15k thing next year but my accountant told me that it was complete BS, he said that the way the government is spending money on all these band-aid programs for the economy that people would be lucky if there was anything given to 1st time home buyers

Nice pics, man. Looks like you're getting settled in. We're in escrow now. Scheduled to close on the 27th. We'd planned on buying our first home this year anyway so the credit is a nice bonus. Our issue will be whether or not we come in under the $150k income limit but that limit may be increased as well.

I havn't heard anything concrete regarding the $15k either. Apparently there is a seperate proposal to grant a $6,500 credit to current home owners looking to purchase a new home.

The latest:
The Associated Press: House votes to expand homebuyer tax credit