Mustang II Member's rides

• Sponsors (?)

jeffnoel said:
So were the 5-lug rotors the direct swap ones or the Granadas? If not the Granadas do you think the extra 1/4" would have kept you from having to modify the upper arm?

I used direct swap, stock type rotors, but with 5-lugs. If you moved the wheels out much more than I already have, with the 7/16" spacers, they'd interfere with the fender flares. The worst that would happen if you ended up with the same backspacing as mine, but without the upper arm mod is that you'd have a more limited steering travel. Mine steers at least as tight as stock, if not more, which I like, especially in small parking areas.

jeffnoel said:
Blue Thunder, have you compensated the speedo since the new tires are 2" taller than stock? Which gear did you use # of teeth?

I had 245/60r14s on the back, which are almost the exact same height as the 275/40zr17s. But I also had 4.10s gears, which always made my speedo read about 33% higher than the car's speed. According to Dynamic transmissions, the C4 doesnt have a removable shaft gear, the teeth are cast right into the shaft itself, so you can only adjust slightly by swapping the cable gear. (unless you also find a tailshaft with a different number of teeth on the speedo drive gear, then you can make correct speedo adjustments.)
I went over the issue with Dynamic when they built my trans, and they tried to find a C4 tailshaft with fewer teeth(9 tooth shaft I think you need for 4.10s??) but all they could locate was one that was a little closer to what I needed than what I'd started with(11 teeth if I recall?) I don't recall all the numbers, so they might be off.
Anyway, for about 10 years, I've been driving the car with a speedo that was way off.
Now that I've swapped in the 3.10 gears,(stock was 3.08s in that car) the speedo seems to read only a few mph slow at highway speeds. I can probably correct this slight error by just changing the cable gear, which I'll eventually get around to doing. But I'm so happy to have a speedo almost right again, a few mph error doesnt bother me!

On a side note: I pushed my car into some turns last night and today, to see how it feels with the new tires, and it's a completely different animal than it was with the old tires. (I had 195/70r13s on the front, and 245/60r14s on the back) I think the II now handles at least as good as my old '85 GT did.
I don't even have a rear sway bar installed yet, and the front stock bar looks like a little coat hanger under there. So that's next on my to-do list. I have a rear bar taken from an '84 or '85 bronco parts vehicle that had a 9" in it, I'm going to see if I can make it fit the II by fabricating some end links and clamps. It's 1" in diameter.

Hi, my ride:

attachment.php

Eos said:
Interesting color.....

It was supposed to be more orange but came out more copper than anything.
When the sun hits it the orange really comes out with the multi flakes. I get alot of good feedback of on the streets and with so much flake kinda puts the redneck girls in a trance (sorta like a bass boat) :)

:lol: your 74 is sweet looking ride. I like how you represent the II's ( you are kinda like the II queen around here) also I must say you have a killer bod! :hail2: