Mustang Mech Shops nr Chicago

Hello
I am returning to owning a Mustang (after 20 yr absence) and am looking at 2 project cars. One is a 95 GT conv (auto) that needs another 5.0 engine and the other is a 96 GT conv (5 sp) that needs a new clutch and heater core. I didn't think I need a full fledge shops/tuners for this mechanical work on stock cars so am looking to see if there are some reasonable priced mechanical shops (will travel) or members who do work? I am trying to save some money so I can do some mods in the near future.

Thanks
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Hello
I am returning to owning a Mustang (after 20 yr absence) and am looking at 2 project cars. One is a 95 GT conv (auto) that needs another 5.0 engine and the other is a 96 GT conv (5 sp) that needs a new clutch and heater core. I didn't think I need a full fledge shops/tuners for this mechanical work on stock cars so am looking to see if there are some reasonable priced mechanical shops (will travel) or members who do work? I am trying to save some money so I can do some mods in the near future.

Thanks
Joe

I recommend brenspeed. Speedinc might also be decent, and I've heard good things about anderson ford.

For members that do work, you may have better luck at WindyCity Stangs