Mustang meet?

aete2

Founding Member
Nov 23, 2001
Anyone know when and where theres a Mustang car show in Kelowna coming up someone said there's one coming up this weekend but thats all they heard.

Let me know if you know! thanks. :)

forget it found it so FYI.......

Mustang fans to gather at mall

By Jason Luciw Capital News Contributor

Few can resist staring or at least taking a second look at that all-American car, the Mustang.
Those wanting to catch a few glimpses at some of finest specimens in town will want to visit the inaugural Mission Park Mustang Show & Shine at Mission Park Shopping Centre this Sunday in support of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind.
"I've been getting a number of people calling in. Now every time I see a Mustang I tell the owner that he or she has to come to the show. I was stopped at a traffic light the other day and a classic '68 Mustang pulled up beside me. I had to run out and give her a form and tell her to bring the car by," says Kurtis Sundbo, with CNIB.
"Even if a person is selling a Mustang, that person should come. For people who want to see Mustangs this is the place to be."
The car show runs from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.; registration for car owners opens at 9:30 a.m. and is by a minimum $5 donation to CNIB.
Those wanting to register in advance can call 763-1191 (ext. 13) before Friday at noon.
"All Mustangs are welcome, you don't have to have a classic to be in the show. There is room for 50 or 60 cars," Sundbo says.
In addition to the car show, there will be a hot dog concession and raffle ticket sales for two Mustangs-a 1966, 289 hardtop and a 2005 GT convertible valued at $45,000.
The first ticket drawn chooses their car and the other goes to the second place ticket holder.
Tickets in the 9th Annual CNIB Car Raffle are $10 each or three for $20.
"Who can resist a Mustang?" asks Pat Day who represents the merchants of Mission Park Shopping Centre.
"In 1965 all I wanted to do when I got out of school was get a job so I could buy a Mustang," she reminisces.
"It's always been something special."
Mission Park merchants say the Mustang Show & Shine supports a good cause and is something positive that tourists and locals alike can take advantage of this Sunday.
Spectators can vote for their favourite car and door prizes will be awarded to car owners.
Meantime, raffle tickets will go on sale at Orchard Park Shopping Centre from Aug. 20 to 31 as well as at the Lou Gramm/Mark Farner concert on The Bluff, Aug. 27 and the Field of Dreams Car Show at City Park on Sept. 11.

• Sponsors (?)