Mustang Welding.

none67

Oct 19, 2003
I'm coming close to buying my first welder (MIG). I'm torn between the Decastar 135E (price is nicest) and the Lincoln 100HD. I'm leaning way towards the Decaster because its a lot more in my price range. What do you guys think?

Anyway, back to the major subject, i have do a lot of body work, and a lot frame work, would 35-125amps be enough? if not how many amps do i need?
thanks?

• Sponsors (?)

I just had the same question last week, everyone I talked to told me Hobart so I went with a Hobart 125, I got it new on E-bay for 300 shipped. Its a Mig and flux core machine I do need the gas kit for it though, some 125 models come with it installed. It should come in the mail today im hoping. I gotta learn to weld now.

Jim

I purchased the Hobart 135...i think. i'll have to check. Anyway, It worked great! It's a 110 volt and it does a great job. i welded up everything on my car. I hung the quarters, floors frame rails you name it. Just make sure the metal is clean and you'll have no problem. As far as learning to weld. When I first purchased my welder ( over 4 years ago) I couldn't weld for $hit! Now I'll weld anything. start small. Get yourself some small pieces of sheet meatl and practice on those. If you could weld the thin stuff you can weld anything. Just watch your heat and wire feed. You'll get the hang of it.

Good luck!

thanks, i just looked at some hobarts on the internet. they look great, but i'll probably end up get the deca. being in canada its hard to get people to ship to me, and the duty and other fees are crazy anyway. but looking at the Hobart 125 almost looks just like the Deca 135E. i can get it brand new from the store for just around 445USD.(taxs in). thats not to bad i guess, its just around here to so now shipping fees. it can go for flux to gas in seconds, so thats cool.

I've welded before and have been told some great things about. (probably my motivation to get a welder and do this stuff by myself) so anything is possible. but this stuff ain't cheap though, not one bit.