MustangDay Saturday at the track

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
http://www.luskvilledragway.com/promos/mustang mainia.htm

Car is for still for sale. Not getting too much luck. Crappy weather is not very helpful either. This might be my last time at the track. Who knows when I'll sell it. So since I plan to go, I had to do a few things. I dont have the Dr's anymore. Kinda sucks cause I knew those tires so well. Now I'll have the MT ET Drags on. But if I run those and launch hard, I could be breaking the rearend which would be not to good right now. So I installed my 31spline carrier and 31spline Superior axles yesterday.

Last week I was able to make the nitrous system work finally. The problem since last year, was that stupid fuel safety pressure switch that was reading false pressures. I checked EVERY component of the system and it came down to this, which I had doubts about. Now it works fine. I cant spray really on the streets because of the cheap tires. So if everything works ok, I should be launching at 4500-5000rpm on slicks with the 100-125-150shot.

I want my 11's :nice: If I dont get it, well It will be my fault as a driver because of my unexperience with the slicks.

Whos coming ?

• Sponsors (?)

Results..

No I didnt get my 11's. Here's what happened.

Ok so I get there around 10h30 to change tires and let the car cool down. Well whatever that is when its 35*C without humidity.. :nonono: And I usually ice the upper intake when its that hot but I totally forgot it yesterday. Didnt bring the ziplock bags. I decide to go do my first run on motor only. I have my slicks at 13psi. I'm very nervous at this point. Really have no clue how it's gonna be with the slicks. Drop the clutch at 5000rpm :D and it hooks like a mofo. Hooks too much even that it makes me bug kinda. Was 1.67 60ft for that one. EASY shifting and got 12.82@106. The car with the slicks was totally stable. That was a huge relief. And again, lifts the driver wheel off the ground. :banana: Remember that my previous best is 12.801@108mph. So I didnt think much of it. Do it again but with 2 more psi of fuel pressure and 1 less psi in slicks. Dropped again at 5000 but this time bugged me way too much and got 12.9 Next run a drop the clutch at 5600-5700 and hooked like crazy and got a 1.61 60ft and got 12.76@106mph. New best. I was happy but I feel like I dont know what I'm doing up there with the slicks. I dont think I have enough gear for the slicks on motor. There were also a bunch of ricers spreading water on the track with the fwd cars. I did a couple more passes but nothing that interesting. So if I did a 12.7 with that weather and first time out with the slicks, I'm sure if I go again I'll see 12.5's or so.

Now the NITROUS runs..

Changed the sparkplugs and timing. Lower the slick pressure to 12psi. I had the same feelings as before. VERY nervous now to launch the car on the 100shot, dropping the clutch at 4500rpm. So I do the burnout and approch the staging line. It is about 8h45pm and there s a HUGE crowd of people all over around the track and staging lanes. Just before I light up the first light, I purge. Then I hear the crowd go crazy and starting cheering. That was a pretty good feeling. Which didnt last very long...

I drop the clutch at 4500rpm and a HUGE boost of power make me almost hit the left wall (im on the left lane) so I let go the throttle. Shift in 2nd the car breaks loose BIG time again. Almost hits the wall again. I complety let go the throttle again. Shift in 3rd the car breaks loose again. Let go the throttle. Shifts in 4th the car breaks a little loose but I keep it on a little. Apparently the crowd was like..OH !....AH!...Whoa!...My friend has that run on his digicam and if I can I'll post it for sure. You'll see for yourself how crazy it was. I ended up with a crappy time ..No chit I couldnt get on it. :notnice: 12.9@something but I still won that race :D

Now I was pumped. The power/torque was amazing. Its more the torque. I'm thinking more than 400hp@the wheels and 510-530 pounds of torque@the wheels. So my friend says to put more air in the slicks cause I was breaking loose way too much. I decide to put it to 15psi. I go in the lanes and have to push the car cause theres a big line up there. So it's now my turn. Do my burnout, arm nitrous and purge. I go to stage the car. As I'm making the rpm climb up to launch I feel and hear something very weird. The throttle sticks ! I'm like wtf ? Un-arm the system and arm it again. Proceed to rev the engine to launch the car. Same story. I knew something was wrong and decided to back off the lane and not run. VERY good decision. The sound was different when the throttle was sticking..You know why ? It was the WOT switch of the nitrous that was sticking under my pedal so the nitrous was ACTIVATED and spraying while I was above 3000rpm and trying to rev it up to launch properly !! I could of blown easily my engine right there. Thank God. So I called it a quit for the night.

I just fixed the sticking problem and it will NEVER happen again. I'm sure 2 more runs on the juice and I had my times...Next time.

Like I said I'll post pics ass soon as I get them and vids also if I can.

KDK1988GT said:
lets see that vid.. congrats on the new best time.. :nice:

The camera belongs to a girl, friend of my buddy. She always comes back on the weekend from Mtl. Apparently she's suppose to bring a copy on VHS. I'll deal with the conversion. But one thing sucks, is that my friend had some freakin option ON and that the whole day was filmed in black/white. :bang:

Stangfreak95 said:
The camera belongs to a girl, friend of my buddy. She always comes back on the weekend from Mtl. Apparently she's suppose to bring a copy on VHS. I'll deal with the conversion. But one thing sucks, is that my friend had some freakin option ON and that the whole day was filmed in black/white. :bang:

Yeh well as long as u get a copy,, and we get to see it... :D

and as long as it has sound... :nice: