My 00 GT

BLOWN00GT

Aug 16, 2006
yeah i own a 2000 mustang gt and i thought it would be a good idea to supercharge it.(vortec s-trim v-2 blower... boosting 11 psi) that wasnt enough so i put a hundred shot of nitrous on that bad boy. with out tuning it, i took it to the local drag strip and ran a 13 flat at 116 mph. but i couldnt launch... no tires... now the motor is knocking so i get to tear it down. anyone know exactly what i should do that would best fit my setup... i dont want to dump more than two grand and im doing the work myself. any suggestions?????

• Sponsors (?)

hold it you ran a 13 with a blower at 11psi and a 100shot of spray????

Ok if it was me I'd look into picking up an exploder 4.6 the nice AL ones. Well cut weight off the nose. Then I'd prolly opt for some lower compression forged pistons and put the whole thing back together. Unless high rpm's are going to be your norm if so forge the whole bottom end and for the love of the shortblock get it tuned.

You need a built motor for your power adders. Id look at modular powerhouse or VT engines for a build short block that can handle over 500hp. Also think about lowering the compression to around 8.5:1. AFTER that you NEED to have it tuned by a reputable shop.