My 1997 Laser Red, Progress with PICS

D-BOI

Mar 26, 2009
Metro Detro
Ok i just got some new wheels for the stang and decided id put a few pics together to show the things i have done to it. Nothing major but pics are always cool.

When i first got it in 2008 it had stock everything besides the bullit wheels.

I then added:

1. SPEC stage 1 clutch
2. BBK H pipe
3. 60 series stainless steel flowmasters
4. CAI
5. New headlights from AM (this was an arizona car its entire life and the original headlights were faded to hell)
6. 3:73 Gears
7. 1" hub centric wheel spacers
8. Eibach Pro Kit

OK HERE SHE IS WITH STOCK HEIGHT and NO WHEEL SPACERS IN THE REAR.

31978030003_large.jpg

HERE SHE IS WITH THE LOWERING SPRINGS ON AND WHEELS SPACERS IN THE REAR

fryhtjyt.jpg

k7tkuykuy.jpg

jhgjhgjhg.jpg

lihj.jpg

PAINTED A FEW INTERIOR PANELS BLACK WITH KRYLON FUSION PAINT, ITS HELD UP PRETTY GOOD FOR OVER 2 YEARS

bvcbvcxbcvbcv.jpg

ALSO ADDED AN FR500 STEERING WHEEL

31978030026_large.jpg

HERE SHE IS WITH A MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER I GOT FROM A GUY FOR 20 BUCKS
(test fitting the saleen replica 18x9's polished aluminum.)

Picture011.jpg

mngmgh.jpg

JUST GOT THE TIRES IN 265/35/18 NEXEN N3000'S (everything is in the jeep ready to get mounted and balanced)
bv.jpg

HERE IS A PIC WITH THE HID KIT (DDM Tuning 8000k 9007s) They look sweet in my opinion. UGH those ugly faded fog lights have to go!!

Picture014.jpg

HERE IS THE STANG WITH THE NEW WHEELS MOUNTED, JUST DROPPED IT FROM THE JACKSTANDS IT WAS ON THEM SINCE OCTOBER.

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

JUST PUT IN A SET OF LED LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS FROM V-LEDS
(they look alot nicer when its dark) obviously!!

Picture015.jpg

HERE ARE SOME PARTS I STILL HAVE TO PUT ON

CDC LIGHT BAR WITH WIND SCREEN(the guy i got this from made it himself)

Picture019.jpg

CERVINIS SPEEDSTED COVER (currently rio red from a 2003 saleen have to paint it laser red soon, I like these over the saleen ones because if it starts to rain its a 2 piece and you can thro it in the backseat and put the roof down)

Picture018.jpg

DUPLICOLOR CALIPER PAINT KIT FROM JEGS

View attachment 228491

DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS FROM BRAKEMOTIVE ( ebay company these pads and rotors are a great deal and i have used them in my other cars for years so i absolutely trust them)

Picture022.jpg

More pics to come as i progress, and i know its not like big builds superchargers, and turbos and such lol but i thought everyone would like to see some pics. Thank you all for watching.

• Sponsors (?)

nice progress.
nice hids, i think thats gonna be the next mod on my cars. You should try looking at buyfordracing.com for the bullitt/cobra brake upgrade kits, thats prolly one of the best upgrades i did to my car.
and if u wanna rack your car more, try taking out the isos in the front, given the roads in michigan arent horrible.

other than that. Ive always loved the speedsters covers, I have a cover too, but its like the one that just goes over the top....ghey.

sweet!

im curious as to how you like those new tires you put on..i dont think many (if anyone) on here use them including myself! i never hear about them personally

i havent had a chance to drive on them yet, the car went back on jackstands but i will let you know sometime around may lol. however i have yet to see one negative review on the nexen n3000's in any car forum and i did my research.

They do, but I believe that is the level of the rotor package. Some are treated with a coating to prevent rusting and some aren't.

They all came in Powerstop boxes when I received mine. Nothing but good reviews on my part. I have all slotted rotors (Cobra calipers in the front) with Hawk HP+ front pads and their Evolution rear ceramic pads.

The Hawk's dust quite a bit but the stopping torque is more than impressive. I also added MM SS brake lines at the same time as well.

i like the fact that they are zinc coated and they dont just advertise that, that stuff really works i mean my rotors have been in my lexus for 3 years now and they do not have one speck of rust on them they look almost as good as they did when i put them in and the pads are almost completely gone, and thats with michigan roads and how they get salted like crazy 7 months out of the year

looks nice man, but i am a little biased as i have a 97 Lazer red Coupe sitting on brand new 18" staggered Black Saleen's and same chin spoiler. which just happens to be sitting in the garage next to my 98 Cherokee...

Great minds think alike:
826a753d.jpg

But you need to get a light bar for it, first mod I would do to a vert.

yea those led lights are awesome and i bought a new pair of housings for the lights they are so much clearer and the leds should be much brighter

he has one :scratch:

lol, thanks for watchin all the pics

looks great so far and should only get better with mods you have planned

thanks man, i love buying things for it its just that money is kind of tight right now but money spent on the mustang is well worth it i think