My 411rwhp N/A 347 (dyno and vid)

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
dyno71313.j2k.jpg

Mods:
  • 347 CI 10.5:1 compression, forged internals
  • Canfield 195 heads (with factory bowl blend)
  • Jay Allen custom grind TLSR (solid roller cam)
  • Victor 5.0 intake - upper extrude honed, inlet opened to 90mm, lower port matched
  • Accufab 90mm TB
  • 03 Cobra MAF 90mm
  • 4" intake tubing
  • 36lb injectors
  • 1 3/4 Accufab LT's, 3" Accufab h-pipe, 3" Hooker aerochamber mufflers (all ceramic caoted inside/out)
  • Tremec 3550, McLeod street twin clutch, custom 4" driveshaft, Detroit locker rear end

The car idles steady as can be at 900rpm, has no problem in traffic, and runs right up to 7k rpm if I push it that far. The tune is VERY safe, and I can easily run pump gas, even in 90*+ summer weather.

Its making 300+rwtq from 2k rpm, so its def not slow just cruising around. I am aiming for mid 11's as it sits right now, and maybe eventually throw a 100-150hp shot to run some 10's. :nice:

I wanted to build a 100% reliable 11 second car that I could drive anywhere. Yes its loud and gets bad gas mileage (about 12mpg, if I drive real easy it can get 16mpg), but its a great warm weather/weekend/track car. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I never asked the tuner what the duy cycle was, but I'm sure they're close. If I put nitrous on it I'll prob have to go to 42's. In hindsight I should have just kept the 42's I had with my previous blower setup.

No track times yet, as its only been tuned for like a week now. I might try to go before the end of the season, but we'll see. I know its not gonna run awesome times, because it has 3.55's out back which are not optimal for this setup. I might go just to make sure I am right with planning on swapping in 4.10's this winter.

Nice combination, good numbers. I cannot believe the shop let you leave with a wacky a/f like that, though. Its going pig rich upstairs, well beyond the level of 'safe'. Theres power and rpm to be had with them fixing their mistake.

The victor 5.0 is the perfect street intake for 331 and 347's imo if you are willing to take the time to make it work correctly (figuring out how much needs to be milled and milling it as needed, setting up the ventilation system)

My truck was worse then that for a while ha ha. I was down in the 10's at wot. My last tune finally fixed that problem I think. I don't see where it's that bad I was told 12.8 was basically best for wot but around that area was fine. 11.9 ain't that far off of the 12 area. Not optimal but not like OMG GONNA BLOW UP bad lol

Don't get me wrong though I'll be honest this AF **** still confuses me

Nice combination of parts and results. I'd like to see your results with the tune optimized better, bet you'd hit 420 and improve gas mileage.

The torque curve must be a ton of fun on the road. If you don't run 11s with that I'd be shocked. Geared properly on slicks you I bet you could hit 10.9xx.

Adam

The rockers are Miller 1.6. I was pretty happy with the quality, and no issues so far. They were a ton cheaper than comparable Comp stuff.

302 351W Miller 7075-T7 Aircraft Aluminum SBF Roller Rockers $149/Set! - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums

And MysteryMachine what he meant by 'beyond safe' is that it can be leaned out for more power. I will eventually lean it out a little bit, but I'm not complaining with the power its making now and I know its really safe.

And yeah street driving is a ton of fun. Its got enough torque to drive around in 4th gear at 2k rpm, but a downshift and run to redline is ok too. :)