My 66 Mustang coupe with turbocharge 2.5 Toyota engine

This is my just finished project. A very strange swap for a Mustang 66 coupe, a 1JZ-GTE with VVTi engine was borrow form Toyota. Did anyone have any pic or know anyone or any web site that doing such or similar swap. I would like to know.

Attachments

• DSC01738.jpg
    DSC01738.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 6,712
  • Sponsors (?)

You have to admire some of the Japanese. Did you notice it is right hand drive? The master cylinder is the key.

It would make sense over there since Ford V8 parts are probably hard to come by and expensive... so why not swap drivetrain with parts that are easier to come by? It may make sense overseas, but it doesn't make sense here.

Hack said:
Wow, that looks great! That engine is tight in there. Nice work.

How does it drive? What transmission are you running?

.. and btw welcome!

I love the V8 but it was very expensive to built one and evry expensive to maintain, too. Plus the experience V8 engine bulder is nowhere to be found here in Bangkok, Thailand. So I have to choose the best alternative.

It drive great but lot of axle and wheel hopping when pushing to the limit. The axle windup make the whole car shakeing when turbo boost kick in. That is the next thing I try to fix. Already order the traction bar and Monte Carlo bar to be installed next. Hope that it will be better. If this isn't help what would be net thing to do to help reduce axle windup.....?

The transmission is the stock 5 speed units that come with the engine....
If I opt. for 2Jz-gte then it will come with Getrag 6 speed..
attachment.php

MrBobMarley said:
Holy giant TTII's batman!

What size are the rear wheels? Got any more pics?

Also, what is the engine from originally?

Those are 20 by10 AR torque thrust in the back and 17 by7 up front....

I have to flare the rear to fit the rim.......

The engine is borrow from Toyota Chaser which available in Japan.

Attachments

• gostang2.jpg
    gostang2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,540
I like the angled flares you did. Most I've seen are too round and look like bubbles. You must really turn some heads!

For the wheel hop, you have several options.

One of the least expensive options is intalling solid under-ride traction bars ~$100 US. These are from http://www.cobranda.com/
TBAR2-TBAR3.jpg

You can bump it up a notch by installing this arm instead of the solid bar. I don't have pricing from Cobra Automotive but similar items run about $150 each from AFCO Racing. The image is from http://www.cobraautomotive.com/. This allows some suspension movement without binding or being too rigid. I don't know of anyone running these but it could be a future upgrade if you choose the first option.

torks.jpg

The third option is running Cal Tracs ~$300 US. These are available from http://www.calvertracing.com/. The nice thing about these is it is a bolt in modification, no welding.
caltracsbar.gif

Sawasdee Karp! Koon sabaidee luh? Nice looking 66. I like the work you put into it. Especially in Thailand. I'm sure it was a difficult find and hard to get parts. But the metal work is cheap out there. Now I don't feel so bad for dropping a Ford T-5 behind my Mopar 318 in my 65 Cuda.

Which tyre

gowest said:
Those are 20 by10 AR torque thrust in the back and 17 by7 up front....

I have to flare the rear to fit the rim.......

The engine is borrow from Toyota Chaser which available in Japan.

--------------------------
Fine look and very low...

Stock springs ?
What is tires size ??

:flag: