My 88 notch turbo build

DNA DOA

Apr 3, 2005
Scappoose
It's been a very long 3 1/2 year project and it's almost done. This was my first ground up build of a strip/street fox and I have done about 90% of the work myself. I had great help from my friends when I was about to pull my hair out. I don't know how to do a lot of fab work, paint, weld etc. so I went out and bought a compressor, mig welder, paint gun, two post lift, tranny jack, etc. If I needed tools to do the job I bought them. If I needed to learn how to weld and paint, I read books, watched vids, and ask questions, and tought myself. I wanted to teach myself because for me building your "own" mustang is half the fun. I enjoyed it very much and as I'm typing this now I'm tearing down a 89 auto 4 cyl. white hatch that will be turned into a street terror. 408 manual with MM road race suspension front to back. But more on that later.

I bought the Notch about 4 years ago, threw some slick on it, a nitrous kit and had a little fun at the track. I mean little by I blew up my clutch on the fourth pass ever on nitrous and that started a complete tear down of what it is today. I did not purge the system correctly and when I hit third I had a massive backfire explosion, bent the thotle body blade in half, stuck the throttle wide open at 7 grand and thats the same time it went into third and blew up the clutch. So all I really had to do was replace the TB and install a new clutch but noooo. I had to tear it all down and do it all over. Many hours went into the engine bay, hiding the wires, S/S brake lines front to back, k-member, suspension front and rear, painting the interior, fab work, cleaning, battery box install... and you get the picture.

So here are some pics of the Notch when I bought it, some races with nitrous, tear down, build up, and turbo install. I have decided to not go with the SCT tune with the stock A9L box. Bought the FAST XFI system and my tunre is working on that now. Should have the car tuned and running in Feb. mid March. Till then, enjoy.

Ben

6-6-06mustangENGINE-TRUNKPICS012.jpg

6-6-06mustangENGINE-TRUNKPICS017.jpg

6-6-06mustangshinypics012-1.jpg

6-6-06mustangshinypics013-1.jpg

6-6-06mustangshinypics017.jpg

88MUSTANGDADSGLASS012.jpg

88MUSTANGDADSGLASS016.jpg

Russianplane21206008.jpg

Russianplane21206011.jpg

Russianplane21206013.jpg

SHELLEYPASSPORTPICS011.jpg

Much more to come soon. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Good looking car, I love the speed "O".

but who will really notice the speedo!!!!!!!!!!! Dam ben here i thought you had tons of pics? Well it's a start! Everyone else this car is truly a work of art in person,ben did alot of work and spent alot of time!Good thing shelly is understanding! Now get the fast and lets go to seattle!Or if you drag your feet long enough maybe we can do a 2 for 1 dyno deal :D? peace

john:p

Glad to hear John helped you out. He sure knows what he is doing. He will be installing the FAST XFI very soon. Have fun finding traction!

IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0019b.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg