• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Fox My 93 Coupe Daily Driver. Undone !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter darryl paarman
  • Start date Start date Oct 27, 2019
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • …
  • 8
Next
First Prev 3 of 8 Next Last

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#41
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #41
 
Reactions: 95BlueStallion

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#42
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #42
 
Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
Reactions: 95BlueStallion

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#43
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #43
 
Reactions: Olivethefet, Mark 7 LSC, 90sickfox and 1 other person

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#44
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #44
Alright - Back on track--- Today the Brown Truck Delivered My Trick Flow top end kit.
Just as a recap, here is a list of what is included in the kit
1. 2 Trick flow aluminum heads
2. Trick Flow upper and lower Street Heat Intake manifold.
3. Stage 1 hydraulic roller cam
4. Silver valve covers
5. SBF head set
6. Head bolt kit 6 point
7.6700 chrome moly push rods
8. 1-6 3/8in stud mount rockers
9.oil fill kit for valve covers
10. SBF timing set
11. Hardware set

These were ordered seperately.

1. SBF TFS valve cover stud kit
2. EGR gasket and stud kit.
 
Reactions: Habu135

Habu135

5 Year Member
Jan 10, 2019
1,241
784
133
California
Nov 5, 2019
#45
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #45
Let the wrenchin' begin!
 
Reactions: darryl paarman

Habu135

5 Year Member
Jan 10, 2019
1,241
784
133
California
Nov 5, 2019
#46
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #46
I had a '89 notch with those '93 cobra wheels. I always thought they looked good on the coupes.
 

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#47
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #47
The block was torn apart last night . It did have forged pistons in it. TRW's.
But the main bearings were showing some copper.
It does have a ridge at the top of the cylinders.
I won't know until tomorrow what pistons, rings and bearings to order.
The crank looked good. No scoring or damage.
I'm thinking for a street motor - just calling Summit and getting their pistons and rings. Forged of course.
I don't think I should spend the extra money to get Trick Flow pistons in it .
 

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#48
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #48
Habu135 said:
I had a '89 notch with those '93 cobra wheels. I always thought they looked good on the coupes.
Click to expand...
I really like them. Just Looks clean.
 

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 5, 2019
#49
  • Nov 5, 2019
  • #49
I am thinking of a 5 lug swap. I 'm open to black, Anthracite,and silver wheels. I have some in mind - just a little ways away yet - Maybe this winter ????

 
Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
Reactions: CarMichael Angelo and General karthief
F

fox racer v2

Active Member
Jun 2, 2019
109
57
38
Brooklyn
Nov 6, 2019
#50
  • Nov 6, 2019
  • #50
What springs are on this car? Love the stance
 

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 7, 2019
#51
  • Nov 7, 2019
  • #51
I have a question about the location of my ACT sensor. It is supposed to be located on the lower intake manifold at runner #5. Mine has been moved to my egr spacer by the throttle body. Should I put it back on the manifold or leave it.
 

Attachments

  • 20191107_161327.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 20191107_161315.webp
    78 KB · Views: 173
  • 15731614403587409654157073511516.webp
    148.3 KB · Views: 208

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 7, 2019
#52
  • Nov 7, 2019
  • #52
The last picture shows the wiring extension that was used. To move it
 

Olivethefet

I will own your nuts! LOL
5 Year Member
May 17, 2018
2,596
1,790
143
Enterprise AL
Nov 7, 2019
#53
  • Nov 7, 2019
  • #53
I like that hood! The color scheme is really nice too.
 
Reactions: darryl paarman

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,671
213
polk county florida
Nov 7, 2019
#54
  • Nov 7, 2019
  • #54
I would move it back to the intake, it's useless where it is now.
 

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#55
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #55
My packages from Summit Racing have been showing up. Trick flow heads
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_105624.webp
    125.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20191110_105642.webp
    109.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 20191110_105706.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: Olivethefet

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#56
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #56
Here's the intake ,upper and lower
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_105349.webp
    113.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20191110_105431.webp
    122.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Olivethefet

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#57
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #57
Also recieved the forged pistons and all bearings. Freeze plugs, and hardened oil pump shaft
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_105235.webp
    123.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 20191110_104807.webp
    93.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 20191110_104723.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Olivethefet

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#58
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #58
Cam, rockers,plugs, misc parts.
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_105115.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20191110_105007.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 20191110_105031.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 20191110_104926.webp
    160.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 20191110_104900.webp
    123.4 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Olivethefet

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#59
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #59
Valve covers
 

Attachments

  • 20191110_105913.webp
    97 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Olivethefet

darryl paarman

Active Member
Aug 13, 2013
212
93
39
ft bragg nc
Nov 10, 2019
#60
  • Nov 10, 2019
  • #60
A friend of mine - who is -has been building engines for a long time ( Art Laselle ) is doing all the assembly on this . The machine work should be done tomorrow, He still is going to check the rings in the cylinder bores and assemble the engine this week. He is coming over to discuss it and pick up all the parts he needs.I bought a new ACT sensor to put back in it's original position in intake runner #5. I still have to clean up my A/C compressor. I bought a new radiator hold down bracket from UPR. ( short bracket )Polished. I was going to paint the original Brackets but I thought that I might as well finish the look I am going for. CLEAN.
 
Reactions: Olivethefet
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • …
  • 8
Next
First Prev 3 of 8 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
E
Finished my Fox Hydroboost Install - Tips
  • Engineer Duane
  • Apr 9, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2025
Engineer Duane
E
H
is it possible to have a classic Mustang as a daily driver keeping in mind i have limited funds?
  • hnicholls_1989
  • Jun 8, 2024
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 18, 2024
70mstang
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?