Fox My 93 Coupe Daily Driver. Undone !!!

• Sponsors (?)

You need to find a different hobby. My car does not have any of the nice stuff like the Trick Flow heads, or a possible cam. His car will sound different than mine !!!! WTF
Then go online and listen to one of the 57 bagillion sound clips that are posted all over YouTube. NOTHING is more ordinary than the sound of a 5.O with a HCI upgrade.....

somebody get me a cup of coffee,..just talkin about the way a 5.0 sounds has made me sleepy.

• Neat
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
As soon as I got my car I had to replace the pickup in the distributor and chang out the MSD coil for Ford stuff. I like the way it "looks" but i wouldn't spend the money on it. Just my $.02

Reactions: 1 user
The MSD box isn't going to fix the underlaying issue that you are having. The MSD box is just attached in-between the distributor and the coil adding a multi-spark addition. The issue is most likely the PIP or the TFI as this is what is reading the signal of the cam to deliver to the computer. I would rebuild your stock one with new parts first before anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
The MSD box isn't going to fix the underlaying issue that you are having. The MSD box is just attached in-between the distributor and the coil adding a multi-spark addition. The issue is most likely the PIP or the TFI as this is what is reading the signal of the cam to deliver to the computer. I would rebuild your stock one with new parts first before anything else.
I'm not there to actually see the problem. I had to go somewhere for a while and left it to be repaired. I specifically asked if the stock distributor was the problem and the shop said " NO ". I had already ordered a stock rebuilt distributor.It just didn't arrive before I left.

It looks like Majestic motorsports is just about finished with my 93 coupe. Here's a post from their Facebook page
Screenshot_20200131-193843_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Just a side note, I spent the day looking over the new engine and transmission work that I had done.
I was surprised that I hadn't noticed before that The tag on the side of the transmission# are 1352-251-1xxxx.
If I'm correct - this is the aftermarket version of the Tremec T5Z.
It look like the torque specs = 330 ft lb.
This is the 1st time I even paid attention to it. Good news!!!!!!!

I've been unable to update this but a lot has been accomplished. I just finished my 5 lug conversion. I used 95 spindles, cobra brakes ,stainless brake lines, 5 lug rear axle, Tokico blue struts and shocks. I picked up a set of 18x9 American Muscle 2013 GT500 wheels in charcoal +30mm offset. I was worried about it but it looks great.