My Car Must Have A Bigger Engine Than A 4.6l

GTwilson

Mar 29, 2014
So my grandpa bought a 98 mustang GT in California off the show room floor in 98. He was told that it was a California addition and that it has dual cams. Well he gave the car to me for my 16th birthday two months ago and the car has more power than a regular 98 GT has. And every thing Is still the same from when he bought it. So what other motors where put in a 98 mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpg

We'll I've had two ford certified mechanics tell me that it has dual cams. And it holds 6 quarts of oil a regual gt holds like 5 is what they said. I just wanted more input on it. Also pictures aren't as good as seeing it in person.

We'll I've had two ford certified mechanics tell me that it has dual cams. And it holds 6 quarts of oil a regual gt holds like 5 is what they said. I just wanted more input on it. Also pictures aren't as good as seeing it in person.
How bad do you really want to know the truth? Will it affect your enjoyment of the gift?

Just wondering. Since the motor hasn't been swapped out since leaving the factory, what's the 8th digit of the VIN number? "X" perhaps?

OBTW, the 1996 SOHC in the GT holds 6 quarts. Changed the oil many times in the 1996 GT I once owned.

Consider google some engine bay pictures for the Cobra so that you can see for yourself the differences in the valve covers for the DOHC.

Never.....EVER bring your car to that dealership for repair if those are the kinds of answers you're getting. I've worked with a few "Ford Certified Technicians" in the past and some don't know their ass, from their elbow. Especially the younger ones that come out of trade school drunk on the smell of their own :poo:. Most of them never actually worked on these cars while they were in still in production, because they weren't even old enough to drive on at the time!

There's nothing special about your car I'm afraid. Same power and drive train as all the rest. It probably "feels" fast to you because it's your first Mustang....or perhaps it was built with a rear gear upgrade that was an option to all of them. It's a placebo effect man. It'll continue to feel fast until you get walked on by a '99-up Mustang...then it won't feel fast anymore.

Technicains beet a camaro, charger, and dodge ram in it. All those vehicles had v8's the two dodges where 2013's. And I've rode in different mustangs new and old and this one is different. So don't give me the it just feels fast because it's the only one I've been in. And wmburns the 1996 mustang had a 5.0 engine in it. And the two technicians That had it looked at it have been working on cars since the 70's

Jesus dude. '96 mustangs had a 4.6 sohc just like your car. Your car is bone stock with nothing done to it, it's quite obvious by the picture you posted. What kind of tech's are taking a customer car out and racing people?

Reactions: 1 users