Got a call from the dealership I bought the red dragon from, they were offering a $50 dinner at a good restraunt in town just for going in and test driving a new car. So I thought what the hell, Id like to finally get a feel for the 05+ GTs.
So, here it is:
View attachment 476533
This was 1 of only 3 manuals they had and it was the easiest to get out of the lot. Ive gotta say it felt pretty peppy being bone stock, but I didnt like the shifter location/feel or clutch pedal feel. (maybe its just bc Im so used to my 02) You can definitely tell its not based off the Fox chasis anymore, its got a lot better overall feel, NO rattles or sqeaks (which is to be expected from a new car) like ours are notorious for. Im still not sold on the styling though, and I felt a little more cramped in the drivers seat than I do in my 02. Overall the 06 felt real sturdy and solid, and would probably keep up with me in the 1/4 for the most part but I think with my mods my 02 would take it by a tenth or two, driver being the same and all.
And heres something I saw while sitting in traffic:
Now, I dont know much about M3s, but Im pretty sure a running pony badge isnt a standard styling cue
View attachment 476535
How's your day going?
So, here it is:
View attachment 476533
This was 1 of only 3 manuals they had and it was the easiest to get out of the lot. Ive gotta say it felt pretty peppy being bone stock, but I didnt like the shifter location/feel or clutch pedal feel. (maybe its just bc Im so used to my 02) You can definitely tell its not based off the Fox chasis anymore, its got a lot better overall feel, NO rattles or sqeaks (which is to be expected from a new car) like ours are notorious for. Im still not sold on the styling though, and I felt a little more cramped in the drivers seat than I do in my 02. Overall the 06 felt real sturdy and solid, and would probably keep up with me in the 1/4 for the most part but I think with my mods my 02 would take it by a tenth or two, driver being the same and all.
And heres something I saw while sitting in traffic:
Now, I dont know much about M3s, but Im pretty sure a running pony badge isnt a standard styling cue

View attachment 476535
How's your day going?

.. It was fun to get to beat the hell out of one, since my friend was the car salesman


). Being Saturday he was missing out on some possible comission, cuz it was rather busy. He didnt even ask, just gave me the $50 check and told me to enjoy my weekend.